Author Topic: Computer Graphics?  (Read 1221 times)

Offline Dark_Daniel

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Teach Me how to Mod
Computer Graphics?
« on: July 20, 2010, 07:15:57 PM »
Uh So im getting this class for school this year and its computer graphics im not really sure what it is but i heard yu mess around with photoshop any tips or something to help me lol thanks and i love you :boxed:
hi:)

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
Re: Computer Graphics?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 12:36:06 AM »
Oh I can give you loads. Unfortunately I still don't have access to photoshop but I may be able to help.

Flat colours:

Almost nothing (except maybe logos) has completely flat colour. Use a clouds layer or image layer set to soft light or overlay and increase transparency until it looks good.

Fractals: Download Apophysis or ApoMac (google search) to make your own fractals.

Ask if you need help on anything in particular.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 07:02:42 AM »
No offense venom, but that isn't really going to help a lot.

but anyway, off to a start an easy way to start up from photoshop from ground up is learning the basics, the exact same way most people do, learning what each tool does. Now you don't have to learn every single tool, learn the basics, I mean I am still learning some of the tools after 1 year + of practice and study. An easy way to learn each tool is just watching The basics of photoshop on youtube, pretty easy, however can still be a hassle, so I advise to watch this a couple of times.

Ok once, you have learned the basics, you can't just exactly pick up your tools and do some amazing piece, same as you can't just start playing a sport with great skill straight away. Anyway lets get back to the point, an easy way to figure what to or what to start is buying looking at some simple pieces, and try and manipulate them or create your own similar one.
Now some people aren't really into that type of technique (Inspiration), so what the majority of starters to do, and some advanced users still do, is follow or watch tutorials, not only does this give you a bit of fun, and allow you to create something better then you probably would doing the first point, and it also shows you some more basic skills. However the downside is, with this piece you can actually go no where from it. It's Learning purposes only.
Once you advance, you start creating your own pieces from scratch, using your innovative mind to get ideas without any inspiration, this great. This is when you actually start to become an artist (well in my own mind it is). Now you probably would know the majority of tools by now, if not all. But you have to remember to stay original, and as at much as it takes not to plagiarise. This is the start of your artistic career as you could say, so don't stuff it up now.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:24:02 AM »
if you are in a class of design students, working with some of your mates in that class helps one improve.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal