Author Topic: Xbox 360 controller stick problems  (Read 1721 times)

Offline SweetIvy

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Model Kit Painter/Wii Soft Modder
Xbox 360 controller stick problems
« on: June 04, 2010, 12:35:22 AM »
Well I've been subjected to having to listen this...
loud grinding metal-to-metal & squeaking noises coming from my boyfriend's xbox 360 thumb and analog stick.

On top of that... both sticks move pathetically slow compared to a newer controller I own.

How should I go about fixing this problem...? 

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
Re: Xbox 360 controller stick problems
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 04:10:48 PM »
If they're in that rough of shape replace them, or the whole controller if soldering isn't an option for you or him.

As far as the speed of them goes, you can use some sandpaper or a Dremel and make the opening in the shell for the sticks a tad bit larger and that should solve that issue if you want to leave the old ones in there.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 05:06:22 PM »
Buy some evil sticks!

I have deleted three of these posts this morning dude this is spam. I am getting sick of it. you should stay in the news areas. have you ever modded anything?

MM
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 05:59:34 AM by modded matt »

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 05:47:36 PM »
Im 98% sure this is the correct part:
They are, though at a little over $8 a pop before shipping and then having to do the work to replace them getting a used, or even a new, controller would be a much better option, but that is the correct part # at Mouser for anyone that's looking for them.

@ SweetIvy - If you opt for replacing the sticks check around in the Buy / Sell / Trade sections of some gaming forums, you'll get a lot better deal on a pair pulled from a controller that are still in excellent or like new shape for far less than what new ones would cost you, as well as the stick caps (the part you see and touch) to go with them, as the actual controller is the only place to get those, unless you go for some 3rd party type ones on eBay or the like, though I personally don't recommend them.
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2010, 01:07:52 PM »
there only $2 a piece if you get 100 of them :)  lol   definately get em used... buy some broken controllers or something, and without a solder sucker or a heat gun it will be hard to remove them

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal