Author Topic: NBA 2K11 Cover Star announced and NBA Live Series gets a name change  (Read 1213 times)

Offline Spriche

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User

I don't usually follow sports but I figured with it being NBA fever time again I spout off a little NBA game info. 2K sports VP of marketing, Jason Argent, confirmed yesterday that Micheal Jordan will grace the cover of NBA 2K11. I'm pretty sure that it's the first time a non-current roster player has been on the cover of a NBA game. Being from Chicago originally, then moving to Cleveland later, I have to say I'm saddened not to see Leabron on the cover but I am thrilled to see ole' MJ on the cover come the games Oct. 5Th release date.

In other NBA game news,EA Sports confirmed yesterday that the NBA Live series officially changed it's name to NBA Elite. The series has been called NBA Live since it's inception over 10 years ago. NBA Elite 11 will, along with the new name, feature right analog stick control that will govern most on court shenanigans. Think of it like Skate but with no skate board and with a big orange ball.

Maybe this new direction will give the series the momentum it will need to overtake the widely believed superior 2K11.

Sources:
Kotaku

Kotaku
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:41:29 AM by Spriche »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal