Author Topic: If you need a research paper rough draft for your honors english 11 class  (Read 586 times)

Offline SN!P3R

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-10
I'm using MS Word 2003 lite, no spell check thought i would use the forum's

Erika  has told me that that her family has won $5 million dollars in the lottery. She also told me her parents are willing to buy me “the car of my dreams”. The Audi S8 looks like a very attractive choice. First off, the Audi S8 is a very safe car. The Audi S8 has multiple safety features, such as: a seatbelt pretensioner, 4-Wheel ABS, Electronic Stability Control, Daytime Running Lights, and Traction Control (“2008 Audi S8 Safety Features” 1). All these features provide a safe and convenient driving experience. Many drivers are wholeheartedly concerned about the safety of your children while they travel. The Audi provides numerous safety features that protects its occupants in the event of an accident. The Audi is also a very reliable car. There have been no reported safety recalls for the S8 (“2009 Audi S8 Recalls” 1). A reliable car means that the vehicle will not break down on someone in the middle a highway, stranded, just waiting to get hit by a driver speeding at 70 miles per hour.   One Audi S8 owner states, “I've owned this car "2009" S8 for a little under a year. I've owned several sports cars over the last 8 years and for a sport-luxury car, nothing can beat it in this price range. It's been totally reliable for the 12,000 miles on it so far” (“Audi S8 Overview 1”). You see? Numerous people believe a good car is a running car. Even experts are praising the S8. One expert says: “Smooth and potent powertrain, plush and roomy cabin, Quattro system's foul-weather security, tasteful styling upgrades don't scream "performance model” (“2009 Audi S8 Review and Specs” 1).                        The Audi S8 is also a very powerful car. The Audi S8 features a 5.2-liter ten cylinder engine that produces 450-horsepower at 7,000 rpm and 398 pound-feet of torque at 3,500 rpm. According to Audi, the S8 has a top speed of 155 mph and can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds (“2009 Audi S8 Specs” 3). The engine is actually sourced from the Lamborghini Gallardo, but tuned to lower the horsepower, and raise the torque to move a massive sedan. Audi's performance "S" line has been around for more than a few years, and the S8 -- the souped-up version of the standard wheelbase A8 -- is particularly alluring, owing to its Lamborghini-derived V10 engine and roomy, handsome cabin (“2009 Audi S8 Specs” 5).Many people ask, how in the world is the power of the engine transferred to the ground? A six-speed Tiptronic transmission (featuring steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters) directs the power to a rear-biased quattro all-wheel drive system 2009 (“Audi S8 Vehicle Details” 1). The engine and transmission combination provide a silky smooth transfer of power to the ground. To move a 4,000 pound car you need a lot of power under the hood! The Audi S8 provides all the horses necessary to pull that weight.
Further more, the Audi S8 is very luxurious. The Audi S8 has many amenities, including carbon fiber inlays, dual climate controls, front six-way heated seats, and an auto-dimming inside mirror. The S8 can comfortably fit 4 passengers inside, but when asked to do so, the Audi S8 can fit 5 people. Anyone who has driven in any southern state can attest to hating leaving their car in direct sunlight, coming back two hours later, and sweating bullets. Not with the Audi S8. Audi offers, as an optional feature, a solar panel on top on the car that can harness the power of sunlight, and cool the car when it is warm. According to Audi, the light-sensitive elements under the glass convert sunlight to electricity that powers a ventilator inside the vehicle creating a constant stream of fresh air–even when the ignition is off. This results in a temperature reduction of up to 50% on warm days (“Audi of America” 2). Audi also offers one of the best car stereo systems available on the market. Audi offers a Bang and Olufsen sound system. This unrivaled sound system combines state-of-the-art technologies that include Acoustic Lens technology, proprietary Digital Signal Processing [DSP] and ICE power digital amplification with the luxury of the Audi interior. More than a sound system built into a car, the system is the ultimate driving and listening experience, a virtual concert hall on wheels (“Audi of America” 2).
   As the details have shown, the 2009 Audi S8 is a very good choice for an automobile. The parents of someone who owns an Audi S8 do not have to waste their time ferrying their children around. The S8 provides comfort, safety, and power to its driver. The S8 can also fit 4 people. If the parents of the S8 owner have 4 children in total, they can relay the driver to them. This gives the parents more free time and peace of mind. There is no worrying whether or not someone was picked up or not. The S8 is also very spacious. The Audi S8 can fit 4 full size adults comfortably. One reviewer writes,  “The interior is spectacular. Passengers in my car who don't know what it is have commented that the front seats are the most comfortable that they've ever encountered. The backseats would probably earn similar compliments, except that most of my passengers do not discover the 4-way power lumbar control and power headrest control” (“2002 Audi S8 Review“ 3).
   There are many positive points to the Audi S8, but nothing is perfect. The Audi S8 gets abysmal fuel economy. The fuel economy for the S8 is 13 miles per gallon during city driving, and 19 miles per gallon on the highway (“New 2009 Audi S 8 MPG’’ 1).  Many full size pickup trucks achieve that kind of fuel economy.  One S8 owner writes, ‘’Fuel economy of a World War II battleship” (“2009 Audi S8 Reviews and ratings’’ 3).
Many reviewers also complain about the navigation system. CNET commented, ” The navigation system is badly in need of an update and offers no advanced features” (“2009 Audi S8 Sedan reviews” 1). The fuel economy and navigation are the two most major quibbles drivers have with the S8, but when compared to other vehicles, the S8 comes ranked out on top.
   Many parents may ask, “well, I like the S8, but is it economically viable?” The truth is, the S8, despite its high window sticker price, can by flagged for a tax refund when put under a business. The price may be $100,000, but when taxes are filed and the car is marked for business usage, the tax return can offset some of that price. Another common opposition to buying an S8 is its size. Many teen drivers have problems backing up and parallel parking small vehicles. Give them an S8, and its near impossible. Most teens drive small to medium size family cars. The S8 is a full size performance luxury car. It is much more difficult to maneuver than a regular economy car. The good news is, the S8 has a back up sensor. A screen in the dashboard, along with a video camera in the back, help park the car automatically, only requiring the driver to brake when necessary. It is one of the most teen friendly features the S8 offers.
   In conclusion, the 2009 Audi S8 is a great pick. It features all the luxuries of a Bentley, and also features the performance of a Lamborghini Gallardo.Not many cars out on the road today can do such a balance. Most cars are either full out high performance cars such as the Dodge Viper, Aston Martin DB S, and Dodge Challenger. They are powerful, but they cannot seat 4 adults comfortably. On the other hand you have underpowered, high luxury cars such as the Cadillac DTS, Lexus IS 250, and Volvo S60. The S8 keeps a balance between a sports car, and a car that can be used to transport other people when necessary. The Audi S8 is a great pick, and it deserves to be bought among all the other competition.
BEST 360 MODDING
HELP OUR ECONOMY!

360 MASHUP THREAD

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal