Author Topic: dsl problem  (Read 1404 times)

Offline WIFIU53R

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
dsl problem
« on: June 20, 2010, 11:40:15 PM »
happy fathers day for me! my ndsl wont charge when i plug it to the wall the charge light comes on for a second then turns off.. the system itself will not turn on at all, ive even tried taking the battery out of my sons ndsl and charging it. its not the battery. any ideas? :help:

Post Merge: June 21, 2010, 02:15:04 AM
come on guys, any help is appreciated    :beg: :beg:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:15:04 AM by WIFIU53R »
horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.. torque is how far you take the wall with you..

Offline jimlfixit

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: dsl problem
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 03:18:38 AM »
Chances are there is a fuse blown, open the case and bridge the fuses with solder. pleanty of videos on youtube

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 07:50:29 AM »
Same thing happened to me yesterday :( Its not a fuse that is blown your mother board is shorted out. If you want your ds to work again you have to buy a new mobo, and even then some of your parts may not be compatible with that mobo. You're better off buying a new DSL :(

Offline WIFIU53R

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:03:27 PM »
thanks for the help... i found out my son may or may not have shoved a penny inside the unit. ive been busy but i plan on breaking my dsl open tonight. before i do. im curious could it possibly be bridging two sectors together?
horsepower is how hard you hit the wall.. torque is how far you take the wall with you..

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2010, 07:08:43 AM »
That could be one problem. A positive and negative are touching which is causing the short.  But if they were of high enough voltages, the board may be damaged. This is what happened to mine.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal