Author Topic: iPhone 4 antenna issues  (Read 1236 times)

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
iPhone 4 antenna issues
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:12:59 PM »
So you just got a shiny new iPhone 4 in the mail or at the store?  Well you had better buy a bumper or some other case!  Turns out that the phone wasn't tested as much as it should have been. If you hold it in your left hand and squeeze to tight, your signal drops, sometimes all the way to nothing.  I am sure that you can see why this would be a problem.  Apples apparent response is that you are holding the phone wrong if this happens to you, so what does that mean for the left handed among us?  I am a big fan of apple and their products, but I cannot turn a blind eye to this, though I have not tested it myself as I am unable to upgrade.  I will bring you more as information becomes available.

tl;dr iPhone 4 has a few issues that Apple doesn't seem to care about.

If you DO have the new iPhone, or have access to one, would you leave in a comment your test of this phenomena? 

Also if you have comments of your own about this, leave one below, pm me, or email me at jayfrick@gmail.com. 
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 11:15:22 PM by Kilokk »

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Re: iPhone 4 antenna issues
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 11:58:39 PM »
That sounds ridiculous and silly. I want to find out if it is true. I wounder how many people will teach themselves to use there right hands to hold the phone using there right hands to avoid the problems if its true.

-TwisT

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »
its not the phones fault... its because left handed people are children of the devil.  I also heard that if a red head uses one it will catch on fire.  LOL j/k kinda.

I like this blog entry, it breaks the mold of just straight reporting on news.  I would like to see more of a variety of storyies and entries.  nice work and congrats on the moderator position!

Offline simcityltd

• Cyberpyrot's Personal Assistant
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0

• AcidMods
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:16:50 PM »
Ive Got The iPhone 4 & Have No Problem At All

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal