Author Topic: Lighted ABXY Help  (Read 850 times)

Offline luisbk2005

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Lighted ABXY Help
« on: August 30, 2010, 07:55:51 PM »
Ok so I went out and got an ABXY lighting mod kit, came with yellow, red, blue, green leds, resistors, and wire. I have all the materials needed, soldering iron, solder, drill, glue gun etc.. Now I have never soldered or done anything with wiring but i am not an idiot so in watching videos/pictures i know the basics to soldering. No ABXY light tutorial online has helped me and I cannot get a red test led working on a wireless 360 controller I dont need. Can anyone offer help?

Edit: Ok so I got all 4 of the leds to light up by using the power/ground points, but the lights turn on automatically even if the controllers not turned on, also the green and blue are very dim, the red is super bright like i want it and the yellow is somewhat bright.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 10:51:31 PM by luisbk2005 »

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
Re: Lighted ABXY Help
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 12:28:27 PM »
ur best bet mate is scrap the leds and kit u bought and follow my controller led tutorial.... make sure u know what pad type ur using... and use white leds in all the buttons..... using different collor leds will mean u'll need different value resistors for each leds.... you can find my tuts in the 360 tutorial section.... its easy to follow and any question just post on the thread for the tutorial....

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal