Author Topic: FPS code concept for controllers  (Read 2012 times)

Offline ksuflash

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
FPS code concept for controllers
« on: July 19, 2010, 12:45:00 PM »
Please pardon my logic, as it this may sound really stupid, but alas I will still ask the question, and pose my concept idea.

I recently found Acid Mod forums after searching the web for modded controllers.  I started drooling when I found this forum.  I then hopped onto Ebay and bought a PIC programmer, and some chips.

My background is a software analyst.  I test the software that developers write.  Been a tester for something like 15 years now.

Ok so enough introduction.

We have all these cool Rapid Fire Mods, and LED light your controller up mods, but I have yet to see the mod I am about to describe.

I know for sure in Gears of War 2 you can do a thing called "Roadie Run"  kind of like a quick switch of direction when you used to be running forward, then magically you hit a certain sequence of buttons and you about face and sprint backwards.

In Call of Duty, you see these guys jump in the air, immediatley go prone, pop back up, strafe and wipe you out.

So here is the concept....

It is a new button on the controller.  It is programmed to be what I call "The Evade Button"  In the shooter games, when you get into trouble, you press this button and it perfectly times some sort of jump, prone, strafe movement....This may give me a bit more time to line up the shot and take the enemy out.

How many times have we found ourself either running away in a straight line, or running towards a cover object in a straight line. 

This concept would in theory force the enemy to have a difficult time putting the lead into you.

Depending on your controller setup, I am assuming this would require a new wire to the thumb stick controls.

I am sure this concept could be expanded upon if the original concept works.  Someone finds a glitch...It is some sort of fancy perfectly timed combination of button presses....

With the EPROM concept, you tweak the code and pop the chip into the EPROM Socket...Walla!!  You can do the trick all you want until it is patched.

How far out of this world am I thinking?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: FPS code concept for controllers
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 01:39:50 PM »
you are not far out on this idea at all. viking 360 has a option called a drop shot, where you press one button and go prone and fire the wepon auto matically. this is good and bad though.

the mod you want to do is very doable from a hardware stand point which is where I come in, however as of late with top and some of the other software guys bsing on holidays and what not, this mod will not work without the software to control it. I can give ideas, and tell you how the controller works to provide pin i/o advice, but as for actually writing the code its not my cup of tea.

Offline ksuflash

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 01:54:30 PM »
Yeah I totally agree that this would take some serious thought to pull off, and the code would be the hard part.  Think of all the possibilities though!

Tiger Woods Golf -- Perfect Power Swing each time
All Shooter Games-- Evasion Tactics with the push of a button
UFC Undisputed -- Pull off the special move for a fighter

When I get my PIC Programmer, I will play around with some code.  I am no pro at programming, but I have been around it for 15 years now, so something has sunk in.  C Sharp, C##, HTML, etc...

Offline XxKILLx3RxX

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:22:29 PM »
i can think of one glitch in call of duty 4 where you can run while being crouched. you go prone and reload (you would of had to shoot at least one bullet prior to reloading). while in the middle of reloading start sprinting and you'll get up and start running crouched. someone could probably make a button combination for that. i don't know if it works in cod5 or mw2 though.

Offline ksuflash

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 02:38:07 PM »
Yeah, the possibilities are endless when you think about it.  Though I am not sure if it is worth all the effort to code something to take advantage of a glitch per say, but rather may be more beneficial to work on something that wouldn't be patched as quickly.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 07:54:37 PM »
Honestly, instead of creating glitch codes one after another, it would make more sense to spend the effort making one code that allowed custom macro programming. Theres no need to have a sinlge code perform a glitch. It makes more sense to make one code that you could program the macro.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline ninjamonkey

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 08:11:08 PM »
I like the sound of this. I could really use it.

Offline ksuflash

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »
Now that's an interesting concept as well.  A tactile switch that allows you to program a macro on the fly. 

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2010, 02:41:16 PM »
i would love to see this done
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 04:34:39 PM by hyper999 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal