Author Topic: Sound Reactive LEDS from PC Audio Source  (Read 2074 times)

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Sound Reactive LEDS from PC Audio Source
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:20:44 PM »
Hey Guys,

So i recently built a new PC and am gonna pick up a new pair of speakers soon. I wanna build a SR LED relay which will if possible be powered by the MOLEX power supply from the PC. << But i would also want a way to switch it off. Any idea how i should go about with it ?

Please remember , i am from India where sourcing parts is pretty tough. So please choose the path which would use the most common parts :/

Thanks !

Post Merge: July 27, 2010, 07:43:49 AM
<< BUMP ! >>
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 07:43:49 AM by ~:Dhruv:~ »
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: Sound Reactive LEDS from PC Audio Source
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 09:17:10 PM »
i would find a computer parts site that would ship to you because they make sound reactive cold cathodes, led bars and strips that are ment to go in PC's

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 11:46:28 PM »
No i dont want cold cathodes in the PC. I want to place LEDs behind my table to project light straight up on the wall and make it sound reactive.
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 07:17:25 PM »
you want it powered by the MOLEX. so by the PC it self. it would be quite easy to buy a sound reactive LED bar or LED spotlight that is ment to go in the PC extend the powere and ground wire to ware its long enough to place the leds ware you want them and wire in a switch. just because there made to go in a PC dosent mean they have to.

Post Merge: July 29, 2010, 09:22:08 PM
also check for automotive sound reactive LED's they run on a cars 12v and can run on a computers 12v
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:22:08 PM by Tec_ »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal