Author Topic: psp 1000 pink with black trim 3 way led mod and crazy umd cut by lobo.  (Read 3373 times)

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
ok guys waz up as ya already know im trying to mod all my psp each one for each outfit i kind like pink and you dont have to be a quierd to rock it i got an inmense attention today from all my friends with this psp i dindnt get not even one bad feedback everyone i know likes it and wants to have it especially for one of their girl kids.
ok if you notice something wierd is the back of the umd door is not like u have seen before yes is not circle is square yeah square u want to know how this happen well this is a mistake i was actually was trying to do a clear ring mod and lost out of control my dremel and fu.....up so i had to think quick what the hell im going to do so in this site i have learn that it is all about modding and creating different and unique stuff so i hope ill be the FIRST TO DO THIS cuz i have NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE im learning a lot so critiscim wont be a problem im not so good with leds so i did my best any other ideas anyone reccomend hola so here it goes enjoy!!!! :cool: psp 1000 pink with led mod and umd cut by lobo.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 11:55:29 PM by loboplayero »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: psp 1000 pink with led mod and umd cut by lobo.
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:49:03 AM »
It's not bad. The innovation that you used to create a square hole in your umd door from a mistake is impressive.  I would have just scrapped the door. The only thing that would need to be fixed are the two leds in the door, they are not both in the same vertical position. Other than that, its good! Keep it up   :clap:

Offline fidgeteer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 02:59:51 AM »
Isn't it possible he wanted the LEDs in asymmetrical positions for a different kind of look?  I rather like the fact they're not aligned, since all PSPs look like joined halves of a mirror image (in terms of vertical alignment) and the two lights he added break it up.

Also:  The huge space between the two lights makes the asymmetry look deliberate.  A slight spacing discrepancy would have been a flaw; the wide spacing seems intentional.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 03:02:08 AM by fidgeteer »

Offline Tracey

• That Blonde Bitch
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Save all the bunnies!
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 01:18:48 PM »
I hardly ever comment on mods but I had to login to say LOVES IT!!!! About darn time someone did something with my two fave colors (pink & black) I'm impressed... seen enough clear w/blue LED psp's for a lifetime lol
*****Kokomo won't play your games!*****

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 03:13:36 PM »
 Good design. You don't see a lot of these modded psp's with a square jewel in the back. While I respect fidgeteer's comment, i tend to agree with VaLoRkEy on the UMD led positions. They should be aligned, but this is just my own personal taste.

I would recommend adding two more leds in the UMD door to help brighten up back of the console, but still, it's a nice looking PSP thats been cleanly modded :)

Offline froggy

• SAN ANTO'S CUSTOM CHEVY'S
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Green Mexican
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 03:17:20 PM »
hey lobo no matter what they say, dis is bad :censored:
ITS TIME FOR IGNITION, AND STRAIGHT AUTOMOBILE PIMPIN!

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 03:33:50 PM »
i like it !  :clap: :dribble:

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 08:53:54 PM »
oh wow............ :rofl: :rofl: thanx guys ya make me feel good i apreciate all the comments i love the positive and negative responses is the only way to learn and understand negative comments for me are ok thanx guys i really thank u guys for looking at my work.

well i wanted to earn be recognize for something that i invented but im pretty sure that in the future i can make this better as i keep on learning and improve my skills.
i wanted to make a name for this type of umd door mod for example like the ring of light mod,
or i just call it a mistake lol !!

Offline fidgeteer

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2010, 10:49:00 PM »
With A/D/R, ApheX, it sounds as if we actually agree.  VaLoRkEy suggested the asymmetry was a mistake.  You seem to agree that the LED placement is intentional but dislike the effect aesthetically, which is a different issue.

Out of curiosity, where would you put the two new lights?  Would you place them in parallel positions to the asymmetrical ones or add them elsewhere (purely to brighten up the door)?

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2010, 04:52:42 PM »
what would you guys suggest? is cool i dont mined any ideas. :hifive: well i did a few touch ups for now i put white diamonds rhine stones on left d-pad for a more luxirious look i also include a picture on the plexi board that i use to make the back of umd is made for shelf lining is very flexible and good shine to it i got it for under $7.

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
HEY GUYS WAS UP SO like ya already know this psp was a total mistake gone very good im glad it happen cuz it gave me a chance to really find my truly modding skils lol!! i took it all apart and painted the trim housing of the psp black, i add it a 4 way mode led chasing board with 3 5mm leds on the back of umd so to spice it up i use a piece a paper from an old toy on the back as u see it got sparkles and it makes the reflection of the leds better. i use 4 0603 leds on triggers and usb bar, my design on this psp was to raised the back of umd door a little so the leds come out and it makes an nice illusion on your chest when you are playing just look at the video and you see what i mean is very cool the light reflects all the way to wall. so here it is and enjoy any quest im here  :hifive:
psp 1000 black and pink with 8 leds, 4 way mode leds chasing, mod by lobo.

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: [update]psp 1000 pink with led mod and umd cut by lobo.[update]
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:10:33 PM »
that looks crazy :tup:

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 01:26:37 AM »
hey k a o thanx!! you already know how i do is all about craziness!! :hifive:  :tup: :tup:

Offline morpheus2582000

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 04:44:11 AM »
I love the cloudy plexi with the lights behind it. Almost reminds me of a 70's retro look but I LOVE it lobo  great job

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 07:05:39 AM »
Lobo I like this umd door much better than the one above!! Great job!!  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2010, 11:25:34 PM »
thanx very much i though of making something very unique that represents my own style  :tup: so far i have never seen a mod like this?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal