Author Topic: photofast cr3100 mod!  (Read 5711 times)

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
photofast cr3100 mod!
« on: August 02, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
Hey, soon i am going to atempt the photofast cr3100 internal mod. Just to make sure of a few things before i get started!
Can i run custom firmware on the sd cards?
If you have 2 sd cards in at the same time, say one card was 16gb and the other was 16gb would the psp say you have 32gb?

If you have any other sugestions do's and don'ts then please say!

Thanks!

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
Re: photofast cr3100 mod!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 04:50:44 PM »
well from my experience a cfw doesn't have anything to do with your sd cards I'm pretty sure you have to re-format both cards at the same time in order to read as one I think that's the proper way,but cfw is on the hardware of the Psp not the cards. Well I hope I'm giving you right info unless someone confirms the right way   :hifive:

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 05:30:57 PM »
I did this, it works well, though to be honest I prefer the other Photofast product, the Pro Duo adapter that you put two MicroSD cards into. Same effect, with a lot less trouble. But that's just me. :D

The two cards will be read as one in the PSP. They must be formatted via the PSP first though.

You only need the cards for CFW for 3000s and new-mobo 2000s, and with these, if you want to run ChickHEN for instance, I find that they can be a little too slow to work and it just crashes the PSP. I always keep a 256mb official Pro Duo with my PSP with the CFW files on it just in case.

Good luck with the modding  :#1:

Offline Masterwlf

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 07:25:05 PM »
well from my experience a cfw doesn't have anything to do with your sd cards I'm pretty sure you have to re-format both cards at the same time in order to read as one I think that's the proper way,but cfw is on the hardware of the Psp not the cards. Well I hope I'm giving you right info unless someone confirms the right way   :hifive:

You mean on the software. IF I am wrong sorry but I thouhgt hardware was like triggers and stuff like that.

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 02:29:44 AM »
I did this, it works well, though to be honest I prefer the other Photofast product, the Pro Duo adapter that you put two MicroSD cards into. Same effect, with a lot less trouble. But that's just me. :D

The two cards will be read as one in the PSP. They must be formatted via the PSP first though.

So are you saying that there is an easier model of the photofast to mod if so what is it called and if you know if a tutorial please say.

Sorry about all these questions i am noob :D, what do you mean by reformating the psp?

Thanks!

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 12:58:35 PM »
So are you saying that there is an easier model of the photofast to mod if so what is it called and if you know if a tutorial please say.

Sorry about all these questions i am noob :D, what do you mean by reformating the psp?

Thanks!

The other Photofast way isn't really a mod in my opinion, it's just an adapter to convert two MicroSDs into a Pro Duo card. It's called the Photofast CR-5400. I've got two of them. One for my backups, and one for movies and tunes.  :tup:
Here's a link to one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Photofast-CR-5400-Micro-SD-TF-MS-Pro-Duo-adapter-/260575182060?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_VideoGames_VideoGameAccessories_VideoGameAccessories_JN&hash=item3cab7dbcec

So basically you just buy two MicroSD cards and pop one into each slot on the CR-5400, then put that into the PSP's card slot. Then format it via the PSP.

Formatting a storage device, i.e the Photofast card, means to delete everything on it and change the way that data is arranged on it so it can be used correctly. So basically it deletes everything and makes it so that you can use the card the way you're meant to.

To do so, put the card in the PSP and turn it on. Then once it's all booted up go to the Settings column on the far left, then go down and select System Settings. Once in, scroll down until you find an option called 'Format Memory Stick'. Simply click that, press yes at the warning screen and wait for it to finish, and then you're done!  :#1:

Hope this helps. Write here if you need any more help.

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 02:14:55 AM »
:O, thank you so much, this has really helped me! I understand it all now lol!

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH :D

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 07:54:54 AM »
No problem!
We're all here to help each other :tup:
Happy modding

Offline TheSuperHack3r

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 12:52:45 AM »
Sorry for bringing this post back again but isn't the best idea to do the cr-5400. I have already found one in my house which converts microsd to pro duo, but it only has one mirosd card slot to put in. I may buy one here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16489

And then buy 2 16gb cards from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQ-016G-E11M-microSDHC-16GB-Card/dp/B001F7AJKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281253615&sr=8-1

Is there a cheaper way i can do this? Or is the cheapest way to do the photofast cr-3100 mod?

Thanks!

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 01:58:38 AM »
Is there a cheaper way i can do this? Or is the cheapest way to do the photofast cr-3100 mod?
Yes, that card from DX is the one I was talking about.
If you're looking to save money then I'm afraid that the CR-3100 method will only save you a couple of quid when buying the cards, maybe.
And if you don't already have the CR-3100 itself then it will probably work out even more expensive in total when you add the price of that, they are more expensive that the CR-5400 cards.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • PSP And PSP Slim Case/Hardware Modder
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »
Sorry for bringing this post back again but isn't the best idea to do the cr-5400. I have already found one in my house which converts microsd to pro duo, but it only has one mirosd card slot to put in. I may buy one here: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16489

And then buy 2 16gb cards from here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDQ-016G-E11M-microSDHC-16GB-Card/dp/B001F7AJKI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1281253615&sr=8-1

Thanks!

The CR-3100 mod is the cheapest one to do if you take into acoount how little the SD cards cost now. However the CR-5400 is really handy. x2 16 gb Mirco sdhc cards and you can take it out and still use your old MS cards.
The problems with the CR-5400 is the cost of the mirco SD cards, there nowhere near as cheap as standard SD cards.

The mirco SD cards do cost more however you save your UMD drive or you could use that space for another mod when using the CR-5400, so it's up to you really. Look at it this way, the internal CR-3100 is a mod, the CR-5400 is just an adapter. Which one are you gonna have the most fun making and using?  :victory:
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 02:20:25 AM by ApheX »

Offline RawryP

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 12:18:09 PM »
But when using two 16gb SD cards, the price is only marginally lower than 16gb MicroSDs.

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 01:13:05 AM »
But when using two 16gb SD cards, the price is only marginally lower than 16gb MicroSDs.

Thats true, Mirco sdhc are coming down in price, there around £24-£26 each for a 16 mirco SDHC card and the normal SDHC cards are £15, but it depends where you shop. some places will change nearly £30 for the Mirco cards.

Offline cameron14

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 11:31:13 PM »
hey i was thinking about doing this mod too but i was wondering where you got your 16gb sd cards? and how much were they?:)

Offline ApheX

• Club AM VIP
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +1/-0
    • ApheX MoDs
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2010, 05:12:09 AM »
Searched for mine on google shopping and just brought the cheapest ones i could find. There around £15 ($20) each at the moment.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal