Author Topic: I just had a great weekend with some old friends I just met.  (Read 1883 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
I just had a great weekend with some old friends I just met.
« on: August 15, 2010, 02:01:08 PM »
I just had a great weekend with some old friends I just met. This was the greatest group of people I have met in many years. Who says on line gaming is not constructive. About four years ago I met this group of Irish guys Paul and Dave evo on xbox live. Despite small communication issues (a thick accent) I befriended them, as they did me. This lead me to meet other Irish guys by association, namely, Danny, doogie, Owen, ray, gerry, chriswalker, lol this list goes on and on, We created a xbox live clan and have played xbox with on a nearly daily basis.

A few months ago I heard that doogie, and Dave were planning holidays for themselves, Allison, Elane, and chriswalker, (their respective families)and that they were planning to take a trip to the states. They were debating if they were going to visit Vegas, or Disney world. I convinced them to come to Disney World. Well at least I think I in fluinced the decision a little, Regardless, I am so happy they made the choice to visit Florida. As soon as I could get free at work, me and the wife (another avid gamer) jumped in the truck and headed down to see my Irish friends.

We had allot of fun over the two days we were able to spend together, it was like seeing old family. Like a cousin you only get to see every once in a while. We made some great memories, of swimming, go-cart racing, and time spent at a shooting range that will stay with us forever.

[bold] TLDR VERSION: [/bold]

What I wanted to convey is that great friendships can be created through on line interaction. Whether it be Xbox live, PSN, MSN, or acidmods. Turns out there are allot of great People in the world, and without a small bit of tolerance, you could never meet some great people from across the world. LOL remember, you sound funny to them also. So next time your in a room with some people who speak slightly different then you, give them a chance. There are allot of great people in the world. 

Here are a few pictures:

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
Re: I just had a great weekend with some old friends I just met.
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 02:07:45 PM »
thats funny i did the same thing back in july. the only person people from this fourm would know that i met was doug (skullmaster) i had so much fun im going to do it again next year

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 02:08:53 PM »
Ive played with the irish there are some great guys in that group

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 03:13:10 PM »
That's so kool man, I plan on meeting a guy I've known online for many years that lives in Georgia sometime. Also wouldn't mind going to Cali and meeting a friend I've known/kept in touch with for a few years now.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »
looks like you had lots of fun

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2010, 09:11:17 PM »
Not to advertise other forums, but on BenHeck, we all get together for the Midwest Gaming Classic, and I get to hang out with Ben and the guys.

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 10:39:28 PM »
i got to hang out with my Minnesota friends and fire real guns.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 05:16:59 AM »
? the guns they are holding are real guns, the guy in red is in the firing lane at the indor range. they would not let us shoot the AK though, we shot the carbine, and a 357 mag, it csot right at $100 for the 3 of us and we were there about two hours

Offline alentris

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Bleep-Bloop.
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:23:05 AM »
? the guns they are holding are real guns, the guy in red is in the firing lane at the indor range. they would not let us shoot the AK though, we shot the carbine, and a 357 mag, it csot right at $100 for the 3 of us and we were there about two hours
lol I just ask my dad and he lets me shoot bigger guns for free. xD I love living up north...

Thanks to HiddenVenom for the sig!

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 11:49:28 AM »
That's really cool. I always enjoy meeting in person with the people I meet and become friends with online. I am currently working on my list of AMers lol. So far I can check off Cyber and KingMike. Lol both really good guys. Any other AMers in TX (Houston, San Antonio, and Austin areas) wanna meet up let me know, I always like a good road trip! Well soon as I get my license back anyway lol
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 01:29:29 PM »
i wasnt talking to u. but yea their range prob wasn't designed to accommodate the 7.62x39
what ak was that, a wasar 10? Bulgarian?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal