Author Topic: Reprogrammable RF Controller Idea  (Read 4326 times)

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Reprogrammable RF Controller Idea
« on: July 22, 2010, 06:44:39 PM »
Ok before I start I would like to say 2 things;
1: This is not a cry for money and I do not expect anybody to donate money to me therefore this is only an idea.
2: I know what I am talking about as I am a highly honored Engineering Student at my school and have earned a graduation chord for Electrical Circuit and Engineering classes and i am only 16.

Lets Begin.

So the idea is much like a Viking360 controller that is reprogrammable by plugging it into a computer and downloading new mod files and loading it on to the controller, Therefore reprogramming the entire modded controller to the user's liking and ability.  This technology is simple yet complicated to even masters of micro circuitry and electritions.  But upon further thinking I have found that this is quite simple if you apporach it in a different manner.

Simplicity for me is simply taking components needed to program a pic and components used to install them into controllers and combine them to a simple female usb slot on the controller. This slot can be filled with a double sided usb cable and plugged into a computer much like a viking controller.

Stop here and pickup later if you have a headache and are not good with micro circuits!

To take this knowledge and use it to program a controller is easy.
You simply purchase:

8pin IC socket or Retention Contact - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062604
30awg wire - http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062641&filterName=Cable+type&filterValue=30+gauge

The rest is from a diy PIC programmer with a usb port. (need help finding parts needed)

Here is where the math and concept gets funky and cancel out each other on finding a way to successfully program the chip.
The logic is that the DIY usb programmer will be inside the controller with the IC socket plugged into it and a PIC attached to that.  Wires will come off the top of the pins on the socket to points on the controller for the actual mod.  This way when the controller is turned on it will send signal to the board to make the mod fuction rather than to the programmer.  When it is plugged into a CPU with no power from the Xbox Controller it will power the pic with the programmer and you will be able to recode the chip to your liking.

If this all sounds hard to do and has alot of wires to cram into one controller then you are correct. Which is why I am asking the AM community to take this journey and find how to cram wires into a controller.

Thanks for the help ahead of time,
eNeRGy
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
Re: Reprogrammable RF Controller Idea
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:10:18 AM »
have you installed flex into a controller yet, if not, read about it.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:51:22 AM »
pro tip: before boasting about yourself and a revolutionary idea, search the forum a bit. We are not all dummies, and we are not all kids, there are some members of this forum who make a living doing this with college level educations. This is not a way to start a friendship, and was completely unnecessary.

this concept has been thought of and done. you can free form a DIY JDM programmer and place it where the rumble pack is, you need to port the programmer to the outside of the controller, then put in a switch to switch between programmer power and controller power.

All we are talking about is rapid fire. as fast brad stated. flex is a new code by Hazer which supports ICP and is 100% completely customisable. as the 12683 is capable of adjusting its eeprom in use, you don't need the programmer to adjust the code.(just program it once) hell you don't even need any of the resistors anymore. once again search the forum and you will find this.

Welcome to acidmods, I suggest changing your tone a bit.

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 07:50:10 AM by 802Chives »

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
Im not talking about programming each mode to a specific speed.  Say I have a controller with FLEX in it and i want to switch it over to t0pFire or GameplayRF2, I could plug the controller in and just reprogram the chip without taking the controller apart.  I have stripped 2 screws on my controller by taking it apart and upgrading the chip.
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 01:30:03 PM »
its not practical, each programer is different, the wiring is different between tops code and hazers code. (the leds are backwards) if you had it wired for flex, and reporgramed it with aktlike you knows code it would fry, if you used robos code it would fry. different programers use diferent pins for diferent things, this is what seperates thier origionality. when you see codes by differetn writes with the same wiring diagram, usually someone copied and altered the origional writers code. this is not allways the case as some one may program a chip to be wired the same way, but 90% of the time they dont. because they dont wat to be acused of copying.

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 03:45:33 PM »
True
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 04:16:31 PM »
Back to the original concept: This idea has you adding the programmer into the controller, where the Viking chip is a USB internal hardware chip that uses a bootloader code to change the firmware. IMO, the Viking method would be a much better use of time and effort.

Currently, nobodies tried to do thier own (or at least, make an opensource version).
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2010, 07:34:23 PM »
You said that this would be via usb. The one challenge would be modifying the DIY programmer to be compatible via USB. For the PIC 12F683 DIY programmer you have 5 wires going to the PIC. Now a USB cable only consists of 4 wires. (1 hot, 1 ground, 1 data+, and 1 data-) Now I dont quite understand the programming of this stuff yet. I am a fast learner and I do well at self teaching. I have though about trying this and have actually made my own USB cable by breaking an old broken microSD usb reader. I have yet do find a male or female USB connector that you could solder on like the D-SUB connectors. And I would really love to see this be successfully completed :)

Offline neural

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 09:47:25 AM »
there would be no advantage to using usb  as programming a pic takes seconds just put a mini RJ socket in the controller and make a short straight wired converter cable for between the controller and the programmer

there u go no more taking the controller apart

pretty simple really :)

Offline Anonamous

• The Unknown Identity
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-1
  • Electrical Engineering Student
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 10:03:22 AM »
there would be no advantage to using usb  as programming a pic takes seconds just put a mini RJ socket in the controller and make a short straight wired converter cable for between the controller and the programmer

there u go no more taking the controller apart

pretty simple really :)

tbh i tried this, but couldnt figure out how to make the socket small enough to fit inside the controller, or a good spot to put it. Mini usb would work a ton better

Offline neural

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 08:37:29 AM »
a mini din plug would fit and simple to wire u can get connectors very cheap

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal