Author Topic: PSP 1000 HOME BUTTON HELP!  (Read 3735 times)

Offline Appropriate

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP 1000 HOME BUTTON HELP!
« on: August 26, 2010, 03:45:30 AM »
 :confused:

Hello guys, I have recently bought a PSP off ebay, the only problem is the home button does not work and seems to be rewired to the brightness button. I am very annoyed at this issue since it was not listed in the item description.

Please, I need your help, I have not hardmodded a PSP before, but am excellent in softmodding.

It would be helpful if you could list me with what tools I need and the best place to get them, and for a good price.

Hopefully I can find a full detailed instructions for noobs at hardmodding like me :)

Thank you, Appropriate.  :w00t:

Offline Barnsey

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: PSP 1000 HOME BUTTON HELP!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 03:56:42 AM »
forgive me if i'm wrong, but i beleive theres a homebrew app that allows you to remap buttons. ie. from brighness back to home function

called something like buttonremap?

Offline Appropriate

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 04:22:46 AM »
Hi thanks for the response, but the home button doesnt click in at all, so I "think" theyve rewired it or something.

Offline Barnsey

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 04:23:34 AM »
ah okay then, sorry.

Offline Appropriate

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 04:37:51 AM »
ah okay then, sorry.

All good, thanks for trying, I might be wrong myself, but when I go into the recovery menu theres no plugins in there, and I have formatted and reset default settings.

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 08:45:02 AM »
just take off the face plate and see whats in there. anything thats not suppose to be in there... take it out. lol or if nothings in there, clean the ribbon cables and make sure the clips are pushed all the way down for the ribbon cables.

Offline Appropriate

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 03:57:53 AM »
just take off the face plate and see whats in there. anything thats not suppose to be in there... take it out. lol or if nothings in there, clean the ribbon cables and make sure the clips are pushed all the way down for the ribbon cables.

Haha, thanks man :D did the job, but now for some reason when I exit out of games the screen goes black and wont turn off so I have to take out battery and memory card put in battery turn on the put in memory card, and this is everytime I exit out of a game any suggestions?

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 05:00:26 PM »
try updating the software on the psp. or see if there is anything else in the psp thats not suppose to be there. was there anything in the psp that wasnt suppose to be there? or was it just the ribbon cables. if it was the ribbon cables... make sure there in nothing inside of the clips where the cable goes.

Offline Appropriate

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2010, 04:11:00 AM »
try updating the software on the psp. or see if there is anything else in the psp thats not suppose to be there. was there anything in the psp that wasnt suppose to be there? or was it just the ribbon cables. if it was the ribbon cables... make sure there in nothing inside of the clips where the cable goes.

Thanks for the response, I just gave up and bought a new home bar, all working excellent!

Thank you for helping ;D

techninjadude

« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2010, 12:25:22 PM »
PROBALLY THE RIBON CABLE THING IS NOT PUT IN PROPERLY

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2010, 12:46:34 PM »
Techninjadude:
Thanks for the response, I just gave up and bought a new home bar, all working excellent!

Thank you for helping ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal