Author Topic: Artist wanted for project  (Read 1011 times)

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
Artist wanted for project
« on: September 14, 2010, 10:43:30 AM »
Hey guys, I'm looking for someone to help me make an album cover for a live show I recorded. I'd like a something professional looking and relevant to the show and band. Mostly this will be used as a cover in iTunes (I use coverflow a lot and hate when there is missing artwork on any of my albums) and other media players however I do like to make at least one hard copy of every show I record so it will be printed at least once as well so I'd like for it to look nice and pro regardless of what format you see it in.

This is not an illegal 'bootleg' live show, it is a legitimate soundboard recording (SBD>Sony MD>WAV; mastered with Audicity, excellent sound quality even in mp3 format) that I was authorized to make by a band that allows and encourages fan recording of their live shows... For 5 years or so I had the only known recording of the show (1 other recording has surfaced since the show) and I also have the only known recording of the opening act from that night. Since this is a legal recording and I am allowed to distribute it as I please so long as I do not sell it, I will post a copy here (once get home) so you guys can take a listen if you want to know what you're designing for...

Details:

Band - G.Love & Special Sauce
Show - Live at Numbers
Location - Houston, TX
Date - 4-28-2004

So I give you guys artistic license to do with it as you wish and then we can iron out the finer details later. Thanks guys, can't wait to see what you guys come up with!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:46:06 AM by jrfhoutx »
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Barnsey

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Artist wanted for project
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 12:31:24 PM »
i love G.Love & Special Sauce   :clap:

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 02:10:11 PM »
I just thought I'd say, this is being published in iTunes, and I "highly" recommend that everything you use in the album cover to create it, is strictly yours, and yours only. No vectors from other websites, No Cut outs from other websites, No tutorials, No nothing. 100% from scratch, yours only.

If not, you'll be plagiarising, and you'll have to deal with consequences from me, and other staff members.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 02:11:39 PM by ¢Starrz »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 02:37:29 PM »
G.L&SS are awesome, I'll upload the show you can check it out. Very small club, maybe a couple hundred people were there at most.

I'm not publishing the show to iTunes because I can't sell it, taped shows of bands that allow taping are for free only or traded amongst fans for a copy of a different show. I simply want a cover made up so that when I import the album into my iTunes library there is some cover art to display and not the annoying grey music note place marker. This show will NOT be uploaded to or available to download from iTunes. Thisis for my own personal use in my own personal library and to be bundled with the tracks when I trade the show to others and there is nothing wrong with that.

Edit: ok to quell fears of action for plagiarism, please cite ALL image sources with your finished artwork...

Oh, and:

Main Entry: pla·gia·rize
Pronunciation: \ˈplā-jə-ˌrīz also -jē-ə-\
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): pla·gia·rized; pla·gia·riz·ing
Etymology: plagiary
Date: 1716
transitive verb
: to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own : use (another's production) without crediting the source
intransitive verb

: to commit literary theft : present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source
— pla·gia·riz·er noun

And:

Plagiarism is defined in dictionaries as "the wrongful appropriation, close imitation, or purloining and publication, of another author's language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions, and the representation of them as one's own original work."[1][2] The modern concept of plagiarism as immoral and originality as an ideal emerged in Europe only in the 18th century, while in the previous centuries authors and artists were encouraged to "copy the masters as closely as possible" and avoid "unnecessary invention."[3][4][5][6][7]

So... Cite your sources and you will not be plagiarizing...

« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 03:47:42 PM by jrfhoutx »

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 03:55:25 PM »
Oops, almost forgot to cite my sources lol

1st definition from merriam-Webster online

Second from wikipedia

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal