Author Topic: Changed gamertag. keep dlc rights?  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Rory

• ZOMG, A Deda!!!!!
  • Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Eyy lmao
Changed gamertag. keep dlc rights?
« on: August 29, 2010, 12:57:59 PM »
I have an abandoned gamertag, with lots of DLC.
I have a new gamertag, with lots of DLC and arcade games.

How do I tranfer the right from Old to New?
I don't care if the answer involves going through M$ or using an xPlorer. I paid for all this, I just want the convinience of only being signed into 1 profile on Live :P.

If this is against the rules, mods please say. And the knowledgable one can pm me please. Cheers all :)
Quote from: IndyChav
I think that the king of spam should be immune to the punishment for posting spam everywhere, so post away Rory :tup:
Quote from: FreeK
couldnt of said it any better.

Offline eNeRGy

• BioLogic Mods
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: Changed gamertag. keep dlc rights?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2010, 08:13:39 PM »
There is no way you can transfer t he dlc from one account to another.  and contacting MS will not help this as anybody could recover their buddies accounts and transfer all the rights over to theirs and get free dlc.  Basically if you want to play the dlc on one you must be signed onto that account. same withe the other one.
..::BioLogic Mods::..
__"Why play fair?"__

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2010, 06:37:11 AM »
that only works between consoles, not between gamertags.

its so you dont have to be connected to live to play games you downloaded on an old console or something similar to that.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2010, 06:43:24 AM »
the Ms license transfer tool is for moving the license from one xbox to the next. (say one got broke) there is a work around though so you dont have to sign in to both profiles.

If you download something with your profile, to your xbox, your xbox holds the license for that data. this means any other profile on this same xbox can also use that data. so as long as both profiles are stored on the same xbox, and the license is on that xbox, there is no need to sign in to both profiles.

now, if the gamertag with the DLc came from another xbox, and the old xbox holds the license, you need to transfer the license (using fookz tool) so both profiles and licenses are on the same xbox. (recovering just the profile wont allow both users to use the content, you must move the profile and its license.

Offline gamesmastervideo

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 04:04:12 PM »
Ok...I have to somewhat Disagree with some the responses to your question.  Here is a what I learned and it does work.

ANY DLC (except avatar clothes/props/etc) can be used by ANY OTHER GAMERTAG on the HARDDRIVE that the content was originally downloaded on!!!!!!!!  It has to be the Harddrive it was orginally downloaded on though (except for a little trick I found...explained below).  I purchased a bunch of maps and addon etc with a silver account gamertag of mine and use all the content with my Gold gamertag players on that same harddrive.

TRICK: Not directly related to your question but some people might find useful:

This trick seems not to well known so I will share it with the members reading this thread.  Ok..say you have (2) 360's at your house as I do...well I started experimenting and found this out.  On my 2nd system I have a Gold account....I recovered my silver account from my main 360 (the one that I ORIGINALLY downloaded the content on)...after recovering the account on my 2nd 360 I went into my silver account's download history and RE-Downloaded everything AGAIN to my 2nd 360's harddrive.  Ok...now...here comes the trick and it only works one way.  You start up the game that you want to play and you have DLC for...with the ORIGINAL gamertag that downloaded it...in my case it is a silver account.  Now once the game starts (Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for instance) you change players to say your Gold account player (takes approx 10 seconds to change..its VERY fast)...and TAA..DAAA...all of the content that you downloaded with another account is NOW AVAILABLE to your other Player!!!  Now you MUST do this trick every time you start a new game...for me a small price to pay as I usually only play one game during a gaming session and play for hours. I always download all my content to the same harddrive (my 1st 360) but I use this trick and play the content on my 2nd 360 also...AND both 360's can be running on Live at the same time...playing the same game with the same DLC!!!

Best of all.....NO SPECIAL CABLES OR ANYTHING SPECIAL TO BUY TO TRANSFER is necessary to try this trick.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 08:54:57 PM by gamesmastervideo »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal