Author Topic: Wikileaks to be labeled as a terrorist group?  (Read 4286 times)

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
Wikileaks to be labeled as a terrorist group?
« on: November 29, 2010, 03:26:02 PM »
Today I came across an interesting article that I am bringing to you. Could it be possible that Wikileaks is marked as a terrorist group?

This article is from http://thehill.com.

"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton should review whether WikiLeaks can be declared a terrorist organization, according to a senior Republican.

Rep. Pete King (R-N.Y.), the incoming chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, called for U.S. officials to get aggressive against WikiLeaks after the website published highly sensitive, classified diplomatic cables that reveal frank assessments of foreign leaders and the war on terror.

"I am calling on the attorney general and supporting his efforts to fully prosecute WikiLeaks and its founder for violating the Espionage Act. And I'm also calling on Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to declare WikiLeaks a foreign terrorist organization," King said on WNIS radio on Sunday evening.

"By doing that, we will be able to seize their funds and go after anyone who provides them help or contributions or assistance whatsoever," he said. "To me, they are a clear and present danger to America."

WikiLeaks has released thousands of cables that reveal embarrassing comments about foreign leaders and U.S. operations abroad. The White House and Clinton have been forced to conduct an outreach campaign to smooth the waters.

The Obama administration hasn't taken legal action against WikiLeaks, but has condemned the release in the harshest terms. But the clamor for legal action by lawmakers in both parties increased the pressure for prosecution based on the leaks.

Clinton has the authority to declare an organization a foreign terrorist organization (FTO), a formal designation that allows the U.S. government some leeway in taking action. The current list of 47 FTOs includes al Qaeda and its various offshoots; Hamas; and a variety of other groups.

King expressed confidence that other lawmakers in both parties would rally to his strategy toward WikiLeaks. The website CNET published excerpts of King's letter to Clinton on Sunday.

"I'm confident you'll find many people in the Congress, the House and Senate, who will support my demand for the prosecution, and also the declaring of WikiLeaks to be a foreign terrorist organization," he said."
By Michael O'Brien - 11/29/10 07:38 AM ET

-TwisTtheTwiTcH
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 03:26:27 PM by TwisTtheTwiTcH »

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
Re: Wikileaks to be labeled as a terrorist group?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 10:54:36 PM »
Wow thats ridiculous...

here are the real terrorists

YouTube
      - Broadcast Yourself.

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 03:20:56 AM »
there just saying this so people don't read the truth about whats going on.

wikileaks a terrorist group i don't think so cos i don't see antthing bad from them
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 05:34:04 AM »
......WikiLeaks after the website published highly sensitive, classified diplomatic cables that reveal frank assessments of foreign leaders and the war on terror...........WikiLeaks has released thousands of cables that reveal embarrassing comments about foreign leaders and U.S. operations abroad. The White House and Clinton have been forced to conduct an outreach campaign to smooth the waters.

if the usa gov find it embarrassing then maybe they should of wrote them in the first place or wrote them a bit more tactfully. the USA may declare them a FTO but i doubt many if any other country will and will likely fray relationships even further. i think what wiki leaks does is good

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline A_Akuma

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 06:43:47 AM »
Well from the US perspective, one never learns from their mistakes. The way the US gov't sees it, what went wrong was that they got caught making unprofessional & disrespectful documentation. If they has just made it proper in the first place and keep the opinions as word of mouth then the collateral damage wouldn't be so bad.
Now because they have to "apologize" or "do the right thing" they want revenge. They should also me more concerned with how the information became available in the first place. Seems there are some priorities that need to be worked out.

Offline rulemob

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:18:27 AM »
They should be, they shouldn't let documents labeled top secret or confidential out.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 01:36:05 PM »
You believe what you want to believe I have my own point of view way different from anybody out in the world- humans as an entire race are naturally irresponsible no matter how "smart" your are it does not matter how intelligent you are ether, break it down to common sense.

Ask yourself a few basic questions:
Are my actions morally right based on a worldwide consensus?
If no don't do it.
If yes its probably ok.

Will I do that to myself?
If no don't do it to to others.
If yes its probably ok.

What am I afraid of?
If its irrational then you don't have to hide.
If its rational then you are ok.

Combine all that with low self esteem, zero integrity/corrupt, greedy, and headstrong individuals you will end up with a bad combination.

to be honest 80% (probably more) of the government in united states and middle eastern government uses the perks for personal use; an example is money.

:cry2: people outside the U.S. watch the news as if it was an entertainment show, more or less u.s. citizens are 'brainwashed'... "Oh the army is doing a good job", haha when i was 13 i wanted to know what they were really trying to do because they were done with the war, instead we stayed there... doing what? What the :censored: was I paying for in the last 9 years? ~ now i know from that video. Thanx Bush suck my balls now where out $3 trillion for killing a few journalists here and there.... thanks fed reserve for writing non-existent international checks to china we're out $4 trillion.... over the past 50 years.

tl;dr - The videos' content was wrong actually releasing it was ok IMO. (think about it for a second those kind of people in the military are low-self esteem retards that try to get away with tons of stuff.) - So if someone does wrong to them they make a big deal about it. U.S. military = crybaby

what retard would document a crime they committed? ahahh

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2010, 11:28:37 PM »
if it gets classified as one it will get shut down

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 02:56:08 AM »
well said fookz.

wikileaks.org has already been shutdown, but ther still alive http://213.251.145.96/

Its gone past just being labeled as terrorists, a US polititian publicly said he wants the founder assasinated, the us gov are pretty pissed. thers alot of info on ther twitter feed for anyone interested www.twitter.com/wikileaks

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 10:34:32 AM »
Its gone past just being labeled as terrorists, a US polititian publicly said he wants the founder assassinated,

:fear:

edit: then i read this: http://community.livejournal.com/ontd_political/7342112.html

Then my face turned from :fear: to :angry:

theres a line between criticism and death threats...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 10:37:24 AM by FOOKz »

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal