Author Topic: PSP 2000 slim no power  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
PSP 2000 slim no power
« on: September 29, 2010, 05:13:38 PM »
ok i have a extra psp slim mother board thats not working. when i put it in and turn it on nothing when i plug it into a charger still nothing, different battery NOthing. nothing works. so i saw a turtorial on how to fix it and you had to bridge the power fuse so i tested the fuse with a multimeter thing and i got nothing so i tryed to bridge and then tryed to turn it on and... NOTHING? anyone know what i should do? i think its at 5.50genA cfw right now not sure though it hasent worked in a while. please help
                                                                                                               Sam

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: PSP 2000 slim no power
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 04:21:16 PM »

If you tried modifying something on the board before it stopped working, try searching the board for any solder blobs that might be connecting two things that aren't supposed to be connected, thus shorting the motherboard. I have also seen someone's mobo who didn't work because there was a piece of kynar wire stuck in a zif connector. Also swap out your powerboard. Let me know what happens once you try these.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
ive never done any mods on this before there is a small thing of solder on the power fuse i bridged but it wasent working before i put it there i didnt see any thing else and, what's a power board?

Offline K.A.O.

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 10:32:31 PM »
the power board is the /\, X, [], and O board. the one with the power switch. make sure the ribon camble from the power board to the mobo in clean and secure. try cleanign the ribbon cable connections. greas from your fingers or even dust can block a connection.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 05:58:59 PM »
ive replced every part in the psp but the screen and umd drive but ill try to blow and clean out where those plug in   :tup: thanks

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal