Author Topic: EA Sports, trying to make us pay? that's not like them  (Read 3644 times)

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
EA Sports, trying to make us pay? that's not like them
« on: October 07, 2010, 02:44:08 PM »
EA sports has just released a new system where, when you go to play online you have to enter in a single use code, which allows you access to online services, such as updates, Completive and Co-Op play, even software updades . 

The games that will start the lead in this new system are, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, followed by NCAA Football 11, Madden NFL 11, NHL 11, NBA Live 11, FIFA 11, and EA Sports MMA.

You get this code from either the manual of the game, or purchase it for $10, also there is a 1 week free trial.

Peter Moore, President of EA Sports made the following remark regarding their motivation: "This is an important inflection point in our business because it allows us to accelerate our commitment to enhance premium online services to the entire robust EA SPORTS online community."

This is bad for the consumer because obviously it means you pay £15 for a game, then pay an extra £10 for it to be less buggy and play with your mates.

But its good for the developers as they still get money from second hand purchases, because right now they get squat for it, and they need to shift a hellva lot of new copies just to get into a profit, so with the extra cash they’ll get from the premium services they can create better and better games, but it also begs the question, If we pay for things like Xbox live, why do we get charged more? And when will they stop trying to rip money out of our wallets.

-Fren

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 03:41:17 AM by frenulem »

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
Re: EA Sports, trying to make us pay? that's not like them
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 02:45:43 PM »
they been doing it since may one of the first games to come out with that was tiger woods then ufc 2010

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »
Ahh i just got fifa 11 and noticed it hmm old news :( if any admins/mods see this tae it down from front page, no point having it up
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:48:44 PM by frenulem »

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 02:50:56 PM »
was never posted so its still considered good news for people who were thinking of buying it. pretty soon all company's wanna adapt to it so they can make money in the used market sales so game stop isn't the only one
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 02:51:17 PM by toadzilla »

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 02:54:48 PM »
TBH I'm all for being charged, as long as its only £5-£10 pound, and if it goes to the dev team, not into the wallet of the same people who I purchased the game offa, I'm all for helping new teams getting money and making better games

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 05:42:03 PM »
i can see EA bout to fail.... Not less people are willing to pay an extra 10 bucks to play online

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 06:25:32 PM »
they been doing it since may one of the first games to come out with that was tiger woods then ufc 2010
actually it was mass effect 2, then bad company 2.   

and yeah... it IS rather annoying to have to worry about this.  but gamestop has the gamers back, they charge less money to offset the cost of those "patches" or whatever they are.

and btw NBA live 11 is now called NBA elite 11  and probably will never even see the light of day XD

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 11:54:03 PM »
I just got the info from one of the articles i read as research to this, and i got bad company 2 and didn't need the code

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 05:55:22 AM »
here is a little piece of info I have found....the single use codes, are not single use codes, and they are not linked to the game. the reason I know this is I am not a sports game fan, but havebeen known to play with my friends. I use gamefly, anyone who uses gamefly knows all you get is the game disk, no book or any code. so I used the same code my friend did. he used his code off the game he bought, and then gave it to me to use the same code, and it works fine!!

Offline HiddenVenom

• Gone 'shopping
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • Photoschlop.
    • Star Legion
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
here is a little piece of info I have found....the single use codes, are not single use codes, and they are not linked to the game. the reason I know this is I am not a sports game fan, but havebeen known to play with my friends. I use gamefly, anyone who uses gamefly knows all you get is the game disk, no book or any code. so I used the same code my friend did. he used his code off the game he bought, and then gave it to me to use the same code, and it works fine!!

That's weird... wwhy implement a system that doesn't do anything but make iditos pay a tenner?

EDIT: and speaking of 'iditos', i can't spell :P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:12:24 AM by HiddenVenom »

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 09:12:55 AM »
well i know for damn sure my bad company 2 code didnt work for a friend >.>  the whole thing is a load of crap, just sayin.

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 11:08:47 AM »
Hmmm it's a new system, so i guess there will be a few bugs and stuff, but it seems that its ineffective at most lol

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 11:27:19 AM »
the bad company code was diffrent, this is the"onlinepass" for battler filed it was for the vetran edition, i dont remember what it was called, it gave you all the DLC for free and access to new guns and another map.. and it was not a MUST for online play. For the sports games, it is a MUST for online.

Offline Kilokk

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 04:26:31 AM »
the bad company code was diffrent, this is the"onlinepass" for battler filed it was for the vetran edition, i dont remember what it was called, it gave you all the DLC for free and access to new guns and another map.. and it was not a MUST for online play. For the sports games, it is a MUST for online.
i know for a fact that rush mode (the only mode i play XD) has only 3 maps until you put in the VIP code.  i can personally confirm that there has not been a version of BC2 that didnt come with the VIP code. 

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 05:04:33 AM »
BC2 was Dev'd by EA not EA Sports, which from playing Fifa 11, does have the code, yes it may have been implemented before on other games but not fully, and from what i can gather, The games i mentioned in the article are the first ones to properly have this system

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal