Author Topic: iPhone4 more prone to accident damage then the iPhone3GS  (Read 1532 times)

Offline young mone

• Another day another $
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MONe
    • PSP World
iPhone4 more prone to accident damage then the iPhone3GS
« on: October 12, 2010, 02:58:20 PM »
Within the first four months of the iPhone4 being in market, the reported accident rate has been 68% higher than the 3GS.

The thirdparty electronic warranty provider, SquareTrade, has released reports that examined the accident claim rate of Apple's iPhone. These reports were attempting to determine whether the iPhone4 was more or less susceptible to damage.

The company determined after reviewing 20,000 iPhone4 accident reports, that the owners were reporting accidents 68% more frequently than the previous iPhone, the 3GS. SquareTrade said of these accident reports, 82% of the reports were because of damaged/broken screens, and of those, one-quarter involved the back screen.

iPhone4 damage claims vs iPhone3GS damage claims (Images form AppleInsider)
SquareTrade states that these stats obviously show that the iPhone4 is more prone to damage than the 3GS.

Oh me gosh they need to fix this soon i upgrade to one next year!

Modded my psp 2000 blew the fuse 1st time is always crazy

Offline Kilokk

• In your AM modding your forums
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +9/-7
  • In the shadows of darkness I stand in the light.
Re: iPhone4 more prone to accident damage then the iPhone3GS
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 08:26:01 AM »
well in the last 2 years i have never had a case on my iphone 3g i havent dropped it nor do i have any scratches on the screen (no screen protector)  i think i will be fine.

Offline Luke

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
Re: iPhone4 more prone to accident damage then the iPhone3GS
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 01:25:41 PM »
it's as simple as don't drop it.. or use this a speck candyshell, problem solved.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal