Author Topic: viking 360 controller with usb  (Read 8103 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
viking 360 controller with usb
« on: June 01, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
I installed a viking 360 chip over the weekend. The chip has over gone a redesign since the original seems thinner, easier to install, still same 18 wire install, but the chip sits better in the controller. The new Gui allowing me to make my own settings. If you don't mind shelling out the cash this is a nice modchip! here are a few pics, I took these with the old camera, will post a good one when I get time

« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:34:16 PM by modded matt »

Offline fragged3d

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
Re: viking 360 controller with usb
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2010, 07:46:41 PM »
Where do you get them at?

Offline laxboy

• i like airplanes
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +12/-0
  • CTVFD 9/11 lost but never forgotten
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2010, 08:35:57 PM »
looks great i think he will enjoy it.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2010, 09:38:30 PM »
That looks pretty cool, but viking products are the biggest rip off i have ever seen.  Ill just stick with topfire.

Offline Thejld

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »
Hey are they the biggest ripoff uve ever seen? They have unlimited drivers basically with their new gui and their products arent that much money.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2010, 10:12:49 PM »
Are you  :censored: kidding me?!?!?!? There cheapest controller is $140.00!!! and the most expensive is $230.00. Why the hell would anybody spend that much money on a controller.  I dont know about you but i sure as hell would never spend that.  Why not just install your own rapid fire kit for less than $3 on your own controller and it would just as good as a rip off viking controller.

Offline Thejld

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2010, 10:17:03 PM »
Well ya i agree they are alittle pricey but in terms of quality they are number 1. If i was just a normal gamer yeah i would just build your own mod, but if i was a hardcore i would get that.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2010, 10:19:24 PM »
If i was a hardcore gamer i would not even use a mod because i would be good enough with out one.

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 05:40:48 AM »
They are definetly worth the money, they have almost every button wired up and can perform most glitches/mods that envolve button sequences.. jitter, fast reload, quick scope, dropshot etc..

The new GUI editor is abit of a beast too ;)

Offline buickgnx

• gba modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +0/-0
    • www.MactasticMendezisawesome.com
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 05:51:51 AM »
what they dont say on the site is that you can send your controller in for cheap. im getting one this week from a trade and ill tell you more. but after looking at the gui it seems worth it. sorry im behind the times but do you have to make your code  or what?

PsychoticWolf , MactasticMendez and Skullmaster, mike and 802Chives (and all the others:) are the Best Admins On ACIDMODS

Offline Ben.

• Club AM VIP
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +2/-0
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 06:04:28 AM »
With the Preset editor, you design pick and choose what modes, what rapidfire speeds, how to turn them on and off and which LED is should show on etc and then save it and flash the controller with it.

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 04:17:34 PM »
Sweet mod I have to get myself one of those chips. @ crazy-modder The whole modded controller scene is a gimmick imoh, I never use my mods in competitive play or even online.
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 06:40:22 PM »
Lets get this straight:

All of the open-source codes are simply right/left trigger rapidfire.

The Viking chip is a macro controller. It manipulates all the buttons (cept Dpad) so that you can have custom game 'glitches' that perform game functions. Nobody has released anything open-source that does this with the exception of 'jitter' mods which I consider a  :censored:ing joke.

If you want to bash Viking for thier prices, you should do some more research first. Take a look at Evil controllers prices and what you get. They charge $150 for a controller meant FOR A SINGLE GAME. Take a look at Gamermodz controllers. Same thing. These places offer macro controllers @ $150+ that are meant for just one game, so they can sell you another controller when the next game comes out. Viking made a USB flashable controller so you buy it once and they give you the ability to flash the firmware for that new game, where the other modshops will force you to buy another controller. They offer free firmware upgrades for the life of the controller.

If you bought all the controllers from Evil or Gamermodz that would total up what the single controller from Viking does, it would cost you over $1000.00.

I dont have any personal ties with Viking, but I recognize that they have a business model that does NOT rip off the customer.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2010, 06:54:25 PM »
the DIY kit is $49.95

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2010, 07:46:59 PM »
Lol well i guess im not as hardcore of a gamer as you guys.  I would never waste my money on that crap though.  Ya im sure its pretty awesome to use but still way to expensive.  I did read that the diy kit is only like $50 which imo is worth it i guess.  But i would never buy a premodded controller, i would just rather do it myself for waay cheaper with the diy kit.

Offline aspin

• BANNED
  • Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2010, 08:18:44 AM »
hello matt and everyone im uk and i really want this kit do you  no where i can purchase the one that does perfect quickscope jitter etc

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal