Author Topic: WTF Check out this dpad  (Read 3516 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
WTF Check out this dpad
« on: November 10, 2010, 09:37:16 PM »
I just came across this on google. I guess evil controllers came out with a new dpad. It looks pretty sweet but i think i would hate to use it. Im sure as hell not advertising if the admin are gonna accuse me of it. I really just want to know if anybody has heard of this, seen it or used it.

here is the link.

http://www.evilcontrollers.com/modded-controllers/dpad.html

Offline Phantom

• Club AM VIP
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +11/-1
Re: WTF Check out this dpad
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »
that thing is ugly, looks like its just been swapped with abxy buttons. I never have problems with the stock dpad anyway

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 10:43:12 PM »
Yeah, i think it looks cool because its different. But i WAAAYYY rather have the factory dpad

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 09:14:33 PM »
never even heard of this company, but was very amused by this tidbit from the 'why us' section:

"Question - Evil - Is it hard that every concept you come up with is stolen after a couple of weeks?

Evil - We see it as a compliment that our competitors steal our images, website concepts, and ideas. We were the first to do ring of light mods, custom Evil Thumbsticks, and we created all of the terminology. Unfortunately our competitors do not have a lot of creativity, but that is the price we pay for being the best.

Competitors - We didn't steal your ideas, we just borrowed them."

and this one from the disclaimer:

"Definition of undetectable controller. Controller is sold as undetectable for the current day of the sale. This does not mean the controller will be undetectable forever. Evil will of course take every attempt to fix the detection and supply you the customer with an update. We of course want to fix detections as this is our business. Warranties do not cover patches or changes in rate of fire."

AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline StoopidMunkee

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 09:58:40 AM »
i would rather have that.
the d-pad now is so lame.
i try to pull out my tactical inser (up on de-pad) it instead wastes my rc car (right on d-pad)
when i played mortal kombat the d-pad didnt get me anywhere it was loss after loss
but when i played on ps3 i was raping (against CPU's on hard)

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 02:18:36 AM »
lawl shame they didn't come up with the rapid fire... also i hate the 360 dpad. its terrible. i hit left and it goes left and up or left and down.

they shouldn't of cheaped out and made it one button. i liek individual buttons

also im sure the controller shown doesn't have individual buttons.
edit
lol did anyone read the bs competitor bs
http://www.evilcontrollers.com/why-us.html

i mean that just screams pathetic.

Evil - As you can tell our website and our products are top notch, we spend a huge amount of our profit back into our business. We are here to stay, and as we have shown we are no flash in the pan. The better we can make the experience for our customers, the better we feel.

Competitors - Well my controllers are ok and my web site looks like an 18 year old made it. Oh wait; I am 18, so that makes sense now.

Evil - Yes, this is the most important part of the mod. We use only top of line soldering and gluing equipment. We have many industry secrets that we have perfected. Since we have modded over 30,000 controllers we have mastered the ability to make long lasting products.

Competitors- Soldering irons can range from $10-1,000, and the quality shows it. Our competition uses most standard Radio Shack irons which are for novice soldering. Contact points created with these irons are created very weak, which in turn means that they are more susceptible to having issues. Soldering is all about the connection to the circuit board. If you have an 'okay' connection you will find yourself with a malfunctioning controller. Competition also uses poorly stripped wires which commonly cause shorts in your controller. Go ahead shake your controller and all of a sudden the exposed wire on the inside will touch a metal contact, causing your controller to go haywire. If wires aren't routed correctly in the incredibly small controller, they can become pinned inside the circuit board. This will cause squeaking and the wire will eventually become severed.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 02:29:15 AM by budgray19 »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 06:35:49 PM »
@bud I know, the 'interview' was pretty amusing. If they weren't so expensive I would be very interested in buying one simply to disassemble it and see their 'top-notch quality' modding. I'm quite interested simply because of the 'top of line soldering and gluing equipment' that they use... I know a lot of people who have expensive soldering stations that get outshined by my $15 RS special... I am also amused by the mention of the quality of the website itself. Ive seen plenty of high quality sites run by scammers. I don't see how the quality of the site relates to the quality of the product in the least.

I will say though, the pics of their Dpad mod do look beyond professional. Just not sure how they can claim to have developed a lot of the stuff they do when I know that the first place to do most of those mods (including that dpad mod) was AM...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline budgray19

• Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • OH NO MY CHITTY CHICKEN, NOO NOT MY CHITTY BEEF
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 09:11:16 PM »
yea their prices are out the ass
edit
my radio shack supplies and my 5 dollar rapid fire chip i got from nico are doin just fine.
hell its outlasted a once was brand new controller. and im just to lazy to unhot glue it from the controller board.(it was wrapped in electrical tape twice so it wont... short)
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 09:14:25 PM by budgray19 »

Offline neural

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 08:36:46 AM »
all they do is shove a pic in there for the rapid fire and the way its wired is the same way as hazers old burnmeup

the prices are ridiculous  for what you get and most of (if not all) thier ideas are stolen

oh and if you want a better d-pad put the original xbox d-pad in a 360 controller, it works a lot better, not great but it is a good improvement

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 12:40:08 PM »
I could care less about the dpad, I either don't use it very often or I mod my own (12ga mod). I know they don't actually develop any of their own new mods, I was mainly saying that I've seen other people do all those mods first, including their 'new dpad mod' which I think spurg or Matt did first, but I know I first saw that mod done here at AM...

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 01:52:27 PM »
555 timer mods are still good today even on black ops. The other day i was talking to a buddy and i asked him if his old rapid fire still works... and it does. Makes me feel real good.

Evil controllers sell good mods but i totally don't agree on their prices and stealing mods. I mean hell what if the dev team of a community decides to legally patent a mod that is easily passed on as someone Else's work... lawsuit.... :/ ..... just saying i don't agree with them at all.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 02:18:26 PM »
Yeah, i heard alot of stuff about them stealing modz. I also heard that gamingmodz steals stuff too.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal