Author Topic: 4-Way Slide Switch?  (Read 3345 times)

Offline DDjusD

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
4-Way Slide Switch?
« on: September 11, 2010, 05:45:11 PM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:13:21 PM by DDjusD »

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
Re: 4-Way Slide Switch?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 10:17:25 AM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:18:41 AM by 802Chives »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:00:58 AM »
I too am intrigued with your inginuity, I have never heard of this being done before. it is fairly simple and is a nice mechanical solution to remaping face buttons.  there is no reason the switch chives linked to would not work as discribed if wired corectly, on a CG or CG2 controller.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:46:35 AM »
matrix will work too!  you just need to use an 8 position (16pin) instead of the one shown in the picture  :hifive:  You will need to connect both sides of the button up to the traces in a matrix, whereas CG you can just grab ground for one side of the switch.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 09:43:03 AM by 802Chives »

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 07:03:42 PM »
Wow this brings back fond memories of my first spitfire....Has this gone ahead any further yet

Post Merge: September 28, 2010, 06:57:25 PM
Ok so I am pretty keen this idea, and have picked up some 4 way DIP switches.  I have already relocated A and B buttons to the underside of the controller. But now I am thinking of having all face buttons wired to the switch with just to tactiles, and have the ability to have any 2 combination's of the 4 buttons.  Am I on the right track here, if so can I have some advice as to a schematic.
Cheers,  Brad

Post Merge: October 01, 2010, 03:02:34 AM
Ok gents, I liked where this was going, and took the liberty of trying out the concept. My first prototype, I used a 4 way dip which was routed too two tact's and all 4 face buttons (XYAB). Perfect, now I have any two face buttons re-mapped to the underside of pad, whilst still keeping their function in original position also. I knocked up with a FLEX chip as well, Never not loving ya work HAZER.

« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 03:02:35 AM by FastBrad »

Offline DDjusD

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 10:26:09 PM »
-snip-
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 06:13:42 PM by DDjusD »

Offline 1mmort41

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2010, 03:42:53 PM »
Oh lord. Im sorry but this has already been done at a proffesional level. Im guessing that youve never baught the old MW2 wired controller? They posted it as having tactile buttons, I thaught "oooh rapidfire!" they thaught remap buttons to two tactile switches on the back. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  :cry2:

Offline spurgurgle

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +17/-1
  • call me spurg
    • my blog
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2010, 04:03:51 PM »
us in RnD are developing somethign like this but using a pic to assign the tactiles on the back instead of a switch...... and possibly rapid fire the assigned buttons..... 

can we say t0pmap

Sigs made by Ken and blazin from the AM Art team cheers guys.....
Spurgurgle d.t com
"I'm kinda like a typo, not quite right, but most people still understand me"

Offline FastBrad

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • C.O.D Extraordinaire
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2010, 01:29:03 PM »
Oh lord. Im sorry but this has already been done at a proffesional level. Im guessing that youve never baught the old MW2 wired controller? They posted it as having tactile buttons, I thaught "oooh rapidfire!" they thaught remap buttons to two tactile switches on the back. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.  :cry2:

I wasn't boasting new technology or ideas, just a mechanical solution until t0pmap is released.  Yes I have the MW2 and the b/ops combat controllers.....and they are both :censored: and cheaply made.  The combat button position on them is not well designed at all, as they are forward of where your fingers naturally sit.  But anyways, t0ps is back now so bring on t0pmap. :yess: 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal