Author Topic: what to do to start coding hex files?  (Read 2692 times)

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
what to do to start coding hex files?
« on: February 19, 2011, 02:33:24 PM »
i want to start coding hex files for my own rapidfire codes (which i will post here of course ;)) but i have no idea how to start. what programs do i need and what programming language should i know? is there any tutorials on how to make rapid fire codes from scratch without any noob programs like dag sleeper? like actual coding is needed to make? Thanks! :)

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: what to do to start coding hex files?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 02:35:08 PM »
learn asm to code put in on google "googligum electronics" best tutorials on the net tbh 

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:37:03 PM »
i want to start coding hex files for my own rapidfire codes (which i will post here of course ;)) but i have no idea how to start. what programs do i need and what programming language should i know? is there any tutorials on how to make rapid fire codes from scratch without any noob programs like dag sleeper? like actual coding is needed to make? Thanks! :)

if you want that pm cazy modder or hyper they write rapidfire codes
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 02:40:20 PM »
Googligum electronics is a great place to start. I recommend going there and reading everything you can. Also learn the entire .PDF on the 12f683 since you will most likely be using that chip. It is also very important to know how electricity works.

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 02:41:24 PM »
or you can learn off your own back doing exactly what i said and follow these tuts

http://www.gooligum.com.au/tutorials.html

Offline Data Hacker

• Fart Sniffer
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 02:54:23 PM »
argh ive always wanted to learn assembly for reverse engineering but it seemed so hard and people said if i learned c++ first it would be easier so ive been trying to learn some c++...do you guys that know assembly did u learn c++ before it?

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 02:58:24 PM »
not sure mate but them tutorials are awesome for beginners and id suggest do all the hands on work it really helps the learning process

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 07:30:44 AM »
yes you want to learn C or ASM, remember you arent writing hex codes the compiler does that for you.

I started with asm and then moved on to C, its good to do it this way as it helps you understand what the C code you are writing actually does, but its up to you.

Offline 802Chives

• Sargeant at Arms
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +10/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2011, 07:55:12 AM »
like hyper says it helps to understand assembly then move on to C.   Most schools teach micros that way, and most students glaze over the assembly and never look back.  However have fun reading spec sheets and debugging a C code with no knowledge of assembly, it can be done but eventually it will catch up with you and make your life extremely difficult.

Hex is just a bunch of hexidecimal values.  Assembly really just associates labels with their hex values so that humans can read it and understand.  C is a higher level language meaning it should be simpler to follow and write then assmebly because the higher level takes care of little things like setting proper bits in registers, handiling memory locations, and clearing flag bits, however understand that when C is compiled it is compiling it to assembly language at which point is is converted to Hex or machine language.

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2011, 10:15:59 PM »
well i learned objective-c and trying to learn asm. i find it easier but be patient and read as much as you can!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal