Author Topic: Cigars, Humidors, Cutters, and Lighters  (Read 3408 times)

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Cigars, Humidors, Cutters, and Lighters
« on: December 17, 2010, 10:28:11 PM »
i know ive talked about cigars hear before but this is my most complete post on the subject
I gotta have a vice besides alcohol and speeding that's going to kill me and its cigars. I'm still a noob but this is what my gear is up to so far.

This is my first Humidor. it is nothing fancy but it gets the job done.

This is my second Humidor. A family friend of ours works at a church thrift store and she knows i smoke cigars. she told me that they got a few humidors in and i when down to check them out. this was the best looking of the bunch and it was for a good cause.

This is my third Humidor and of course i got it because it lights up. and i bought it with the last 14 cigars the shop had in it. the CAO visions are some of my fav's. the hygrometer and temp on the front are not accurate and there is no way of setting it. its a common issue with these humidors and i think its because of the fact that they spend as much time in the walk in Humidors as they do. humidity is not good for electronics.

and my forth Humidor was a gift from a friend of mine for my birthday. we both enjoy cigars and i got him a humidification system for his Humidor as a graduation gift (he was still using the florists foam and distilled water)

and for special occasions i have my 2 finger cigar holder. it is one of the coolest handmade carbon fiber holders. its no good for long term storage but it will keep the cigars safe on the way to ware ever im going to enjoy them.

i use Xikar humidification pucks and Xikar Propylene Glycol Solution.

i have lots of cheep-o cutters but my Xikar cutter is one of best and sharpest blades i have.

and when it comes to lighters i also have one one Xikar and a Rocky Patel. The Rocky is a three flame and has a punch on the bottom.

as for the cigars i smoke my favs are Padron's in first, CAO Visions in second, and thirds would probably Illusione, Romeo y Julieta, or Hoyo de Monterrey (the Cuban and Hondurans).

my stocks are quite low right now but living in Minnesota and not willing to smoke in the house makes it quite hard to enjoy them right now. but nothing is better in the summer time than a beer or a glass or johnnie walker and a cigar.

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
Re: Cigars, Humidors, Cutters, and Lighters
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 02:22:38 AM »
Good stuff... i like cigars but sourcing good ones here is kinda hard.
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2010, 07:03:49 AM »
Smoking kills...

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2010, 07:06:47 AM »
Classy way to die.....

Offline ~:Dhruv:~

• Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • [quote author=Reaper link=topic=30647.msg227184#ms
    • Infectech
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2010, 07:54:14 AM »
Smoking kills...

Well... you're not immortal :P Might as well enjoy the finer stuff
  you look like a carrot.
My nickname at school is carrot cake, because i can't get tan. I get orange. and my face is shaped like a carrot. And i make a mean carrot cake.

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 08:05:14 AM »
The best part of these pictures is the parts mat of the handgun lol.  BTW that humidor that lights up is bad ass.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 10:20:04 AM »
Nice collection Tec_. I'm with you on the Padrons, they're my favorite as well, especially the anniversario editions. I handed out a box of them to guests at my wedding, they went very quickly lol. If you can spare the cash to try one I highly recommend the series a Arturo Fuentes
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
Smoking kills...
like i said if speeding in my car or on my motorcycle or drinking don't do it first. (but not together. i do not drink and drive/ride)

The best part of these pictures is the parts mat of the handgun lol.  BTW that humidor that lights up is bad ass.
its a cleaning mat for my springfield XDM 9mm

Nice collection Tec_. I'm with you on the Padrons, they're my favorite as well, especially the anniversario editions. I handed out a box of them to guests at my wedding, they went very quickly lol. If you can spare the cash to try one I highly recommend the series a Arturo Fuentes
i don't recall if ive had a Arturo or not. but i forgot to add la flor dominicana air bender to my list of favs

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal