test poll?

2 (40%)
1 (20%)
2 (40%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: April 08, 2011, 01:16:14 AM

Author Topic: mod off details  (Read 13639 times)

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
mod off details
« on: January 19, 2011, 05:06:56 PM »
The time has come around again for another Acidmods mod off competition. This mod off is open to any console AND peripheral you chose to enter. If it plays a game it is eligible. This contest will begin  2/1/11 and will end on 3/30/11 this is ample time for you to order and build your modded console. Good luck to everyone.

TO ENTER

Send email to admin@acidmods.com with the subject "MOD OFF ENTRY"containing name, personal email, and residing country. On February 1st {or upon late entry} you will receive an email containing your registration number. Registration pic and all subsequent updates will be submitted to admin, admin will then post your update highlights to the public threads.along with login information for your new sub-account. Your login id will be "your registration number"@acidmods.com and a preset password found in your registration reply.

RULES

1. Items must be stock at start of entry or stripped down of any added mods. Entries will be assigned a number when you sign up for the contest. Your number must be displayed in all pictures and videos {media submitted without registration number my not be permitted} new contestants have 24 hrs to submit a entry picture with assigned number stated.

2. Participants may enter the mod off at any time by sending a entry request via pm/email to admin as noted above. All other rules are in effect. Completion date will not be extended for late entry. the mod off has been extended three days from original posted date due to rule changes.

3. Participants are to remain anonymous until the end of the mod off. Mods will only be known by their assigned number and only Mactastic Mendez and the participant know the owner of the entry. To ensure fair moderation. Any discussion or revelation of the modders identity will result in disqualification.

4. VIDEO OR PICTURE Log of how you are coming along is required. Unless you have a reason for not having one, your entry may be considered for disqualification if you do not include a log of your work.  Updates with reg. number should be submitted weekly with the subject "{reg. number}UPDATE} to admin@acidmods.com participants will update their threads themselves through the subaccount system.

5. Contest judging will be by member poll. (hidden until finished) A video showing that the console functions displaying your number will be required.

check back soon

PRIZES

First prize: choice of psp go or kinect+game, a $200 value
Second prize: apparel shop item and personal emoticon
Third place: personal emoticon

Contest is free to all members. Donations are accepted through pay pal ( robin1989@mac.com  ) sponsorship opportunities are also available please contact admin for details.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:15:04 PM by modded matt »

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: mod off details
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:27:22 AM »
OK so all entrants who have entered via email so far have been emailed there card (which is also in there topic should they loose the email)

Just print the card out on A5 (or suitable size) and include it in any pictures and videos produced.

All entrants can email me at admin@acidmods.com with updates to there entry and a description of there mod and i will edit the first post as needed. for images include the image link and for youtube videos include the youtube url.  the subject of the email should be - Mod Off Update - (Update Number i.e 1, 2, 3 etc) - (Unique ID i.e. 93760174)

after the mod off is finished and all winners have been chosen your unique ID's will be replaced by your Forum Names
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 10:29:09 AM by Mactastic Mendez »

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 11:12:07 AM »
can we just write on the Unique ID to a piece of paper?

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 02:32:49 PM »
yeah if you want

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:28:46 PM »
Am I correct in assuming that computers are off limits (they do play games) also we are required to send a pic within 24hours what if the item is ordered and not yet received?

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 03:26:27 AM »
I know for a fact computers are allowed. Also, I have yet to send my clarification picture so I think you'll be fine with the whole confirmation thing. Just send the pic once you get your parts.

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 08:41:50 AM »
sweet thanks allot man

/cry i want my moder number i have 2 days off and want to get a start =(
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 10:18:13 PM by Bonz »

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 09:30:50 AM »
ok after a few days thought i think that jacobs idea is going to be the best middle ground.

i will set up your accounts and email you the details so that you can then update your topics yourself.

i will set these up this evening as well as send any other entrants there id cards

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 12:23:48 PM »
im working on it monkey - just keep sending in updates and i will get round to them - ive had some other things to deal with and have been working on a way for people to do that.

it would be a lot easier if people who sent updates just sent the bbcode with the img tags instead of attatched images as i then have to download them from my email reupload them and then put the images back in place
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 12:24:56 PM by Mactastic Mendez »

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
You guys do have a total of 8 admins so you can always assign them jobs if things are a little too hectic for you at certain times.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
I have been in and out of the scene for many many years. I agree with Hatrix in some points, there are several SMF mods and adjustments out there that would simply allow these things to happen here.

1) Create new users for each contestant (I.E.  9002234123, 70002421, 1242412434, etc, etc)

2) Post new rules about posting your own work log.
    a) Entrants must create a new media hosting account that is not used for anything that could identify such entrant
    b) Entrants must remove meta data from such media (many simple ways of doing such)
    c) Entrants must not flood work logs, One update per day maximum (if you have further updates then please edit the post for such said day)
    d) Entrants will be granted the ability to post in only their board. their secondary account is limited to ONLY the board of which is theirs (SMF is capable of handling this via permissions and membergroups)
    e) Entrant is responsible for that of which s/he posts.
    f) keep all original images and show actual work progression, not something as it is complete (led lights all of a sudden installed, SHOW MISSING LIGHTS FIRST) with your image of course.

3) Site traffic is important for any website. This competition has TONS of entrants. I think that the first post should be sent via admin@acidmods.com, at that time Mendez, or lax, or whoever can do it will verify information, post the initial board post with the proper information (thread name, tag image, etc etc)

* a side note, these competitions have ways of getting new ideas flowing. Ive been around this board for quite a while (albeit on and off, due to life and time constraints). This mod-off has the ability to take the site to a whole new level.

If help is needed in any way, I'm willing to help, and without volunteering him, I am sure that Hatrix is one to help as well.

Offline bdogpot

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2011, 11:32:17 PM »
New to the scene was just looking around and saw that yall had a contest so i thought cool been wanting to mod a console. I have pm mike and sent an email to admin@acidmod.com, i ireally want to be in the contest and i will have a huge project, that im shure some people would like to see. I will not go into details of what and what mods in this post because i do not want to break the rules for the contest. I cant start the contest until i have a number to show in photos. if someone could get back to me it would be great.

Post Merge: February 06, 2011, 11:43:49 PM
sorry i ment modded matt not mike, do not know where mike came from
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 11:43:49 PM by bdogpot »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2011, 11:46:04 PM »
New to the scene was just looking around and saw that yall had a contest so i thought cool been wanting to mod a console. I have pm mike and sent an email to admin@acidmod.com, i ireally want to be in the contest and i will have a huge project, that im shure some people would like to see. I will not go into details of what and what mods in this post because i do not want to break the rules for the contest. I cant start the contest until i have a number to show in photos. if someone could get back to me it would be great.

Post Merge: February 06, 2011, 11:43:49 PM

hi and welcome to acidmods

you will get your details in the email you used to signup on this site with this could take upto 12hours/24hours but you will get your details once the admins see your post
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline bdogpot

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 12:12:43 AM »
Thx didnt realize that it would be that backed up. i only sent the email cause isaw that that was were we should send info now. As long as I can have  the number by this next weekend i should be good since i am still wainting on about $100 worth of ordered goods and another $200 i have to spend on wednesday

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 12:20:26 AM »

Post Merge: February 06, 2011, 03:43:49 PM

you have been emailed your ID it was sent at 1pm gmt yesterday

Offline bdogpot

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 12:38:19 AM »
Is there any way i could have it resnt, cause i do not see it in my in box and i also checked the spam box. I also havent deleted any emails for a good month. The email is bdogpot@yahoo.com. in case i spelled it wrong.

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 03:15:02 AM »
Robin how long (on estimate) will it be before we have temp. accounts to update our threads by ourselves?

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2011, 06:30:37 AM »
im driving home for the week now having had a full day at uni (i live at uni usually) so will sort out the temporary logins at about 10pm gmt - ive sorted a way round the issue that was not letting me make the temp logins. im sorry this has taken so long.

when i have sorted out the logins and emailed you the details you have two option which are i can finish posting the updates that i have recieved before sending the logins or i can send the logins and the entrants post the updates themselves. which way do you guys want it
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 06:32:29 AM by Mactastic Mendez »

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2011, 08:35:23 AM »
clarification:

First prize: choice of psp go or kinect+game, a $200 value

the "a $200 dollar value" was added at crazymodders inquary. as of now we have a set cash fund that is why there is an option for first prize. but that dont mean it could not be a cahs deposit. although I would like to see the actual prize awarded. cash just seems so inpersonal. see, we are reading this thread as JR pointed out.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 08:35:57 AM by modded matt »

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2011, 04:33:00 PM »

i have set up the accounts so that you can update your own topics - you will recieve your username and passwords in the next 12 hours - i suggest you change your passwords and start updating your topics. i will also sort out the mod off ID's and logins for those who have applied in the last 48 hours.

due to the amount of complaints and moaning that people have been making as a good will gesture i will extend the mod off by 3 days.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 07:28:22 PM by modded matt »

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 05:05:33 AM »
JUST FOR CLARIFICATION AS SOME OF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. YOU SHOULD NOW HAVE A LOGIN FOR ACIDMODS THAT IS YOUR MOD OFF ID - YOU NEED TO USE THIS WHEN UPDATING YOUR MOD OFF TOPIC AND NOT USE YOUR REGULAR ACIDMODS LOGIN

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 12:51:01 PM »
on another not if any of the entrants want to pm me to change there topic title i will do

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
We should have everyone change their topics to their ID and then the console they're doing or the name of their project. Like "123456789 - Bad Ace PS3" lol

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
the rules have been updated in red. at the request of the community. If any rule seems unclear please let admin know.

happy modding.

Offline EnterTheHatrix

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 12:15:11 AM »
Just so you know, I can't change my password and I can't send PM's.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »
use your password that the admin set. the system is set to limit access of the mod-off accounts to help them abide by the rules.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2011, 05:47:19 PM »
PMs are not able to be sent from those accounts, but you should be able to change your password...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2011, 08:37:52 AM »
i have tested it, you can change your password in your profile like normal.

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 07:53:43 PM »
just a msg to admins I sent in my request for the mod off on February 13th and just wanted to make sure that you guys got it nbd if ur swamped I understand just wanted to make sure u got it.

thanks guys
oh and my email is the same one I registered this account with just in case your wondering.

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2011, 08:18:48 PM »
so I'm thinking the point of this thread was to discuss the mods not complain about not getting id's so who likes what (and don't name drop your own mod that's just lame) I kinda like the blue PSP (the stenciled one) and the 360 (the water cooled one) what do you guys think

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2011, 09:47:01 AM »
i saw someone asking earlier in the chatbox about the added days to the mod off and this will still happen - the mod off should now finish on 00:01(or any time after that)  04/04/2011 at which point threads will be locked at least until voting is set up

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 03:33:48 PM »

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »
TIME LEFT TILL END OF MOD-OFF

[countdown=04,04,2011,00,01]Mod-Off is now over, Please place your soldering irons in their holsters and step away from your bench. Good luck to all who participated![/countdown]

Offline crashmasher

• Registered BST
  • ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 09:54:57 PM »
"Just so you know, I can't change my password and I can't send PM's."

yea im having trouble changing pass too
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 11:19:23 AM by 44730173 »

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2011, 07:32:34 AM »
"Just so you know, I can't change my password and I can't send PM's."

yea im having trouble changing pass too

this is a temp account once the voteing is over the account will ever be locked or deleted plus with the accounts they had only posting rights everything else was taken away to keep people telling others who they are
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline robin1989

• Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2011, 10:22:26 AM »
Mod-Off Is now over voting will comense over the coming days - we will let you know when it starts and any details

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal