Author Topic: Jtagable overheating  (Read 1394 times)

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
Jtagable overheating
« on: January 15, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »
I was trying to JTAG my xbox, but halfway through the proccess when I tested it, the fans started picking up and the heat sinks got really hot. It gets really hot after about 2-3 mins running but doesn't shut off or show the RROD.  I don't have much experience with repair, so I have no idea what this is.

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
Re: Jtagable overheating
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 04:43:47 AM »
either connect the fans to the 12v  supply or you can get add on fans by xcm try them

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:50:35 AM »
I was trying to JTAG my xbox, but halfway through the proccess when I tested it, the fans started picking up and the heat sinks got really hot. It gets really hot after about 2-3 mins running but doesn't shut off or show the RROD.  I don't have much experience with repair, so I have no idea what this is.

I have a xbox 360 that does the same thing, when the dvd isnt in place it heats up instantly. as soon as i put the dvd back in place and turn it back on, it will stay on for hours with out over heating. I even did the 3rrod fix on it, and still did it, changed fans. still did it, you can try and do the 12volt fan mod, and see if that helps.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
if it only happens when the dvd drive is out just put a peice of card over the top of the gpu heatsink it will stop the air from only cooling a little bit of the edge of the heatrsink nearest the shroud.

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
Well I haven't tried it in a while, but I'm almost certain that it heats up very fast even when the DVD drive is connected.

Offline EasyE

• Motor Mouth
  • Post quality +2/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:50 AM »
If it does not give you 2 flashing red lights then your most likely ok the. 2 lights means it has overheated and has to shut down and will turn the xbox fans off.  Buy a xtra fan and see if it helps a little bit.

Offline Famas

• Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +1/-8
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 04:17:19 AM »
xcm do extra ones that you can place over the gpu chips and lowers them a full 3 digreas than normal

Offline DARk_ANGEL

• Acidmods Rocks!!!
  • E = MC²
  • Post quality +5/-0
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 05:39:23 AM »
do you have a custom rol? and yes i have xcm core coolers and they work fine and lowers the heat in the heat syncs

Offline Ghost In Black

• Chaos Lover
  • Post quality +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 01:52:26 PM »
Yeah I have a custom ROL but I used a normal one to test for RROD.  And would an extra fan help that much? The Xbox heats up really fast.

Offline ModernTek

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 05:55:18 AM »
Hey Ghost In Black

The added fan really isn't going to help. It might of if the 360 was functioning for a while before overheating but, from what I can read it isn't.
Have you tried writing back the original nand?
Do you have your jtag wires on the box?

Can you give me more detail? The more detail I have the better I can diagnose the problem.

Hope I can help I have a lot of experience Jtagging and repairing 360's...don't let the guppy tag fool you.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal