Author Topic: Laptop Help Needed  (Read 1768 times)

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
Laptop Help Needed
« on: January 29, 2011, 07:17:39 PM »
Ok so I have a Dell Inspiron 1526 laptop and a couple years ago it stopped working on me. Now back then I didn't know you couldn't leave a laptop on for weeks straight (woops) lol. But anyways the problem that is occurring is when i power the laptop up the monitor won't show any display. It's just a pure blank screen. No back light or anything. I was wondering if there is a way I myself can fix it or will I have to send it in to someone/buy a new motherboard?

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: Laptop Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2011, 11:50:41 PM »
well what is the issue? no back light or is it completely dead? if the screen is fried you could attempt a home fix / get a lcd and use it that way. is the mobo shot all together and it doesn't turn on? is it the bat? or the power cable? lets do a little more trouble shooting

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:35 AM »
There is just no display. The laptop powers on, and even if I plug a vga cable in when it powers on I get nothing. I bought a new battery thinking that could have been the problem and it wasn't. The power cable is fine because the laptop powers on with just the power cord plugs in. If you have anything else to ask just let me know. Sorry for not being as specific in my first post.

Offline TwisTtheTwiTcH

• Blogs & Media Editor-In-Chief
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +12/-2
  • Within my shadows there are no sins
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 12:46:28 AM »
It sounds like a problem with your motherboard actually. A lot of this one has been stripped but it looks like a decent shot to replace your motherboard

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Inspiron-1526-Laptop-TurX2-2-0-GHz-15-LCD-PR-Case-/280620982808?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item4156506218

Depending on how much you are willing to invest to fix this laptop this may also be a choice

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dell-Inspiron-1525-1526-1545-LCD-MOTHERBOARD-REPAIR-/290449474355?pt=Laptops_Nov05&hash=item43a0234333

---

The problem with this sort of problem is that often the investment to repair it is more costly than it is to replace the unit itself. ..

Before you act please read this:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19281393.aspx

I believe this will help the most. Specifically the post by "i_am_drew".

-TwisT

Offline PspKicks316

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +5/-4
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 07:00:25 AM »
Now back then I didn't know you couldn't leave a laptop on for weeks straight (woops) lol.
Yeah you can. You just need proper cooling.

Offline Monk3y

• Amateur Modder
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 07:38:05 AM »
Yeah you can. You just need proper cooling.

I just had it sitting on the box I got with it so it wasn't on the carpet or my bed or anything so I guess it had some cooling. Not as much as I imagine it needed.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal