Author Topic: Xbox 360 Reflow Tutorial  (Read 20394 times)

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
Re: Xbox 360 Reflow Tutorial
« Reply #30 on: December 12, 2010, 06:17:59 PM »
Thats exactly right rodent. As long as people know they are getting something at a fair price and something free is getting added in, people will always come back to you.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #31 on: December 12, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »
I charge $5 for a color change for a ring of light, I charge $15 for t0p's R?F code or $12 for Hazer's R/F code... I ask the people who buy rapidfire, "if you wanted to get a ring of light change, what color would you choose?" and i would do it for free... the people ask me why i did it but i just say "because i was bored and felt like it".

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #32 on: December 12, 2010, 07:17:16 PM »
I thought some where i read we couldnt charge for the R/F codes when doing controllers or something of that sort?  You mean to tell me I could of charged people for that? I only did two but, I thought i could charge for them. I have done 6 total for rapid fires but for myself and my nephews and there friends. and 2 for people i didnt really know. WOW and they were going to pay me like 30 bucks i said i couldnt take it cause it was against the rules of the site i was on. Didnt tell them what site.

And like crazy modder said, Tell them its free and they come back they want 2 more...LOL

I love this site . and I follow all the rules. or try to

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »
Ive only installed tops code for myself and its an amazing code.  I only charge people for the codes that i make such as my 6 mode code and the 8 mode code i made not to long ago. My 8 mode isnt opensource though because all these noobs selling on fleebay.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »
Yea them fleebay fuggers,i cant stand them. we all know how much the chips cost and think it takes me about 35 minutes to install and program a R/F chip and they charge what a $100.to a $150 thats ridiculous. and yet these rich people buy them for there kids or some just say i dont care , i gotta have it no matter what it cost.

I never use to ask for anyones help always figured things out on my own, and still do except with help doing stuff on here. just makes life a little easier and alot less stressful when it comes to doing these mods and etc.

There are alot of good people on here and very helpful also.

Its good to know people like that, can get alot further in life that way helping each other out

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 09:19:08 PM »
Rodent, true my price stuff is skewed cuz im still finishing up college so i should say a normal starting salary haha =p

Xbox 360 gamertag: EMERGENCY DODO
PS3 gamertag: Emergency_Dodo

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 11:14:50 PM »
Yea, well after college and 25 years of being a Machinst, and did some CNC machining for about 4 years which to me is boring as watching a soap oprea. I gotta be moving while i am working , if not and we have a slow day i would rather stay at home. I make better money pushing a shovel. and didnt need a piece of paper telling me that i knew how to do that.

No offence to  college people with degrees. As a machinist, you cant learn 80% of it at school, there is stuff that would blow your mind the things people want you to make and give you a napkin with a sketch on it and say make it.

Or hand you something that is broken and say fix this , I have been there done that and never learned none of that in school. also when your boss comes up or the owner and says you got 2 hours to make this, and would take say 6 hours you have to make it happen.

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 12:54:10 AM »
I personally take no offence, most of my classes are overly theoretical and all that fun stuff that I hardly understand most of the time an I know I'm gonna learn 90% of what i need to know once I have an actual job haha  I needed it mainly cuz I didnt come from a very technical family and wanted to get into embedded design / computer shtuff and with the background I had there was no chance I'd get the chance to do the work I wanted to do without it. Plus some of my professors have introduced me to some really interesting components for projects hehe

Side note: is there a tutorial to do the 12V fan mod? I am also looking to install a small fan over the heat pipe extension so that I can help extend the life of the box longer, Ill also need to look on here for a pwr/gnd pinout of the mobo so I can look into adding an LCD with a temp readout display (want to learn the LCD I have and didnt get to use in class)

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2010, 08:04:04 AM »
There is a pinout that shows on the bottom where the power supply comes in to the xbox, I looked for it to send you the link thought i had it in my favorites, but gives you !2v and 5v pinouts along with the ground that is how i did mine and added a pot reisitor to mine so that i dont have to run the fans at full speed. If i find the link of the pinout I will post it, might even be one on here under the tuturials. Fans get loud but rather have that then my 360 over heated.

Here is one link i found,http://www.360-hq.com/xbox-tutorials-57.html

Not sure if I am suppose to send to other links other then acidmods. Sorry if not. just trying to help

I see your point about what you were saying about school. I have probably learned more then I would at school just by reading things online and verifying that the things i read, with someone who knows something about it or reading more then just one thing.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 08:26:55 AM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2010, 03:44:08 PM »
awesome thanks for the link (if they take it off hopefully they will post an in-site equivalent) hopefully over these next 5 weeks I will have some time to mess around with it more. Unfortunately I ran into an issue that not having a hard drive is preventing me from adding/recovering my gamer tag so I cant use it >.< ill need to pick up one up on the cheap or look into using one normal drive/flash drive I have on hand.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2010, 05:21:26 PM »
this thread has changed alot went from reflow to what we found in our xboxes and what we should charge and school and now a 12v fan mod tut...lol

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 07:30:07 PM »
Haha yeah we kinda got on a convo roll.  I didnt mean to turn this into a thread steal Crazy =p luckily the important info is on page 1, im willing to continue any convos via pm and shwhat not, I carry on posts like its a convo and forget its sposed to be a specific topic haha.

Offline popeye98

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2011, 10:08:26 AM »
 How long does the repair last on a Xbox 360 using this equipment to do the reflow?

Offline crazy-modder

• Research & Development
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +34/-2
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 12:17:40 PM »
Permanent if you do it right.

techninjadude

« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2011, 04:27:33 AM »
ERM....Dude Let me come over to your House, LoL, I need that Machine.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2011, 12:57:43 PM »
ERM....Dude Let me come over to your House, LoL, I need that Machine.

guess you need to buy one...lol or use a heat gun like I did and griddle for about 60 bucks total :)

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2011, 07:08:52 PM »
This is what I set the mobo up on and took some pics cuz alot of people ask me how to do this. the board is warped not by me , thats how I got it.

I use a 10-32 x1/2" stainsless steel flathead screw, I used 4 in this pic but when the board is warped I use more so i can heat the whole motherboard and try to keep it flat as possible then let it cool for 20 to 25 minutes, to make sure I dont break the solder points after heating it back up.

hard to take these pics I did what I could
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 07:19:09 PM by Rodent »

Rodent consoles mods

Offline Dcofer

• Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-1
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2011, 06:10:56 PM »
If you dont happen to have some of those handy screws around and have some spare xclamps, you can also use xclamps to support the board.  of course this way only works if you have 4+ of them, I tend to use 6 just because I have the spares.  If you do this though def make sure to remove the plastic pieces from the xclam for they can melt and ruin everything.  Just another method =Þ
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:11:19 PM by Dcofer »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal