Author Topic: PSP LED.  (Read 1544 times)

techninjadude

PSP LED.
« on: February 06, 2011, 09:43:13 AM »
I have done the Trigger mod to 3 psps but Havnt really tried the Sound reactive except from once but it was soldered straight to the Speaker but I didnt put the led in the trigger and finesh it. I wanna know do you need the lm386 Chip or not. Whats the difference

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: PSP LED.
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 02:21:52 PM »
lm386 is more blinky, sound reactive is more of a fade from loud to soft. and with lm386, you can use whatever voltage leds you want, the output is 5v. on direct contact, you can only use up to the output of the speaker, I don't know what it goes up to. So if you want to burn out some leds, you can use less resistance than you are supposed to on the lm386, and have a brighter led mod. remember that lm386 requires soldering much more than the direct contact method, and if you are good at soldering, I reccomend you solder to the traces of the speaker instead of the actual speaker or speaker contacts, it left me much more room

techninjadude

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 12:04:07 PM »
I am a Soldering Pro. If I can solder Smd Leds, that means I can do Anything. Thx Man, for the paragraph.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
I am a Soldering Pro. If I can solder Smd Leds, that means I can do Anything. Thx Man, for the paragraph.
ya in that case go with lm386, its great practice for even bigger mods where you have to cram in a lot of things as neat as possible, just be sure to solder as close to things as possible, you want the wire to be almost all insulation when you are done, and no prob glad to help anytime

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal