Author Topic: Dualshock 3 with Xbox 360 Joysticks  (Read 3263 times)

Offline Havoced

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Modaholic
Dualshock 3 with Xbox 360 Joysticks
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:43:43 PM »
So I have been absent from modding for a while (I have done some PSP mods and controller mods) and recently decided I would like a DS3 with different sticks. I googled and did some searching, I found one guy named mmmonkey who swapped his sticks with original Xbox sticks but nothing for 360 sticks. I can only find full controller swaps like the PS360 controller.

Anyone know if this is something that relatively easy to do or are the sticks far too different for any sort of easy swap.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
Re: Dualshock 3 with Xbox 360 Joysticks
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 05:10:02 AM »
I can tell you just from messing around this weekend that the xbox sticks fit onto the shaft for the ps3 sticks perfectly. not sure how this would do in the controler shell though.

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 09:48:45 PM »
You can't replace the entire stick, as the older PS3 controllers use a smaller one while the newer ones are Hall Sensors, but you can replace the stick caps (part you see and touch) and you'll have to cut down the shaft of the PS3 sticks around 2~3mm or the 360 caps will hit the shell when it's put back together.

Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

Offline SHOUPADOOP

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 04:18:28 PM »
i cant vouche for older controllers but i hvae 360 sticks installed on all 3 of my ps3 dualshock 3 controllers all i had to do is take sandpaper and sand the body hole in which the stick comes through so that it would move freely without sticking.....havent had a problem yet.....id find an old 360 controller to steal them from as the ones on ebay blow...

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 11:45:26 PM »
i had some bad experience with this too while making a ps360 controller. a DS3 controller does not have the 3pin potentiometer. they use a new type of censor. also not quite sure the full angle of which the ps3 controller can move. (the ps3 has a far better moving angle than the 360. ) but if your trying to move ust the top grip of the stick ive done that before and its all ok :) you will just notice that when moving to the most on the stick that the plastic is trimmed off. this is just because the 360 controller was made with less movement in mind,

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal