Author Topic: ModOff Entry 29448433 - Sexbox 360  (Read 18108 times)

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
Re: ModOff Entry 29448433 - Sexbox 360
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2011, 05:12:05 PM »
lol I am doing that (wasn't planning on decasing it but why not show off the inside of the psu also

here are some pics from a couple days ago that I took to show where everything will most likely go in the case

the 2 pumps are on the sides the psu is up front, the air bubble maker is between the 2 ccfls then the radiators will be on the back of the case

here it is with the ccfls on

I will be getting the more parts next week and I called the local TSC and they said they would call me when they had 5 gallons of mineral oil in stock (they only had 3 when I called) after that its just the mount for the mobo and radiators thats left (plus possibly some extra things just for looks)

I'll keep you guys posted

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2011, 07:20:42 PM »
just tested out some of the stuff today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6DQfoq-CN8

Offline zack247

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +6/-0
  • Bork or something.
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2011, 09:59:49 PM »
this is looking really awesome and i have to say i wasnt exactly fond of the idea of it being in a fish tank but now that i look at it i think it looks epic!

good luck with finishing it!
My systems:  -PSP 2001, CFW and PSP 3000 shell.  -PSP 1001, LED mods, custom firmware, speaker mods, sound reactive LEDs.  -Black NDSL, LED mod, 0.5x and 2x speed mod. 

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2011, 08:53:10 AM »
you should put some sort of colourant in the oil like a toxic green sorta colour so it goes a bit foggy it would look so epic

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2011, 09:26:42 AM »
you should put some sort of colourant in the oil like a toxic green sorta colour so it goes a bit foggy it would look so epic
I am trying to keep the oil as clear as possible so that I can use it in future mods, however if green would look cool i suppose I could order 2 green 12" CCFLs and make a switch so it can go between green and blue, might even buy 2 red 12" ccfls along with that but idk I am running low on money and still have to buy the 5 gallons of mineral oil which is going to be around 80-90 bucks (another reason not to color it lol)

The CCFLs are cheap so if i have some money left over I may get some red and green ones but no promises

Thanks again for all the support guys will be updating soon but I am being bogged down with hw and projects so may be a couple days

Offline Bonz

• I'm Back Baby
  • Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +3/-1
  • 2 1337 4 u
    • Bonznumber1
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2011, 09:36:51 AM »
ya keep it clear give the illusion of water it is much better looks more impressive.  just be rdy for allot of ppl not knowing that oil is non conductive and you'll get a ton of questions about that

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2011, 09:43:49 AM »
I am trying to keep the oil as clear as possible so that I can use it in future mods, however if green would look cool i suppose I could order 2 green 12" CCFLs and make a switch so it can go between green and blue, might even buy 2 red 12" ccfls along with that but idk I am running low on money and still have to buy the 5 gallons of mineral oil which is going to be around 80-90 bucks (another reason not to color it lol)

The CCFLs are cheap so if i have some money left over I may get some red and green ones but no promises

Thanks again for all the support guys will be updating soon but I am being bogged down with hw and projects so may be a couple days

i was thinking like this,

but its up to you i'm not the one spending money on it and who has to look at it everyday, so make sure you like it

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2011, 09:58:01 AM »
ya keep it clear give the illusion of water it is much better looks more impressive.  just be rdy for allot of ppl not knowing that oil is non conductive and you'll get a ton of questions about that

lol ya Ive been expecting more questions by now asking that but when it gets finished I know there will be a few lol

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
Ok just a quick update, my friend gave me some acrylic blocks today which is what the motherboard and radiator risers are going to be made out of, also there may be a pretty cool Sexbox 360 logo engraved into a couple of them and lit up ;)

here is what they look light with light behind them

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2011, 06:06:34 PM »
quick update just cut out the hole for the dvd drive and ghetto rigged a eject button that will work for the Sexbox

I'm hoping that the local TSC will get that 5 gallons in soon because I only got a couple more weeks of work time on this

Having some trouble with the Acrylic blocks but its a pretty easy fix just haven't been home all weekend

that's all for this time I'll update when I get more crap done

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2011, 07:07:23 PM »
awww man that disk drive part is so cool dude!!!

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2011, 03:26:55 PM »
not a huge update, just got 2 gallons of mineral oil yesterday, and some thread tape for the leaking problem with the radiators

lol I am going to ignore the "For animal use only", just hope its still pure and non conductive (don't see why it wouldn't be)

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2011, 02:11:55 PM »
Ok TSC called and said that my 5 gallons were in so I went and got the rest, and my friend cut out a logo for me with the water jet because hes in CAD in our school, and I found my old 80GIG USB hard drive so I can use it for the Sexbox.
here's some pics

All that's left to do is get those acrylic blocks cut out for the motherboard and radiator mounts and then it should be all done.

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »
Just remember that mineral oil is for animal use only

also nice lettering. this mod is mint.

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2011, 12:43:30 PM »
Just remember that mineral oil is for animal use only

also nice lettering. this mod is mint.
lol ya I'm going to test it b4 I just drop the xbx in there lol and thanks man

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2011, 08:25:47 PM »
Ok guys sorry I haven't posted in a few days but I haven't really made much progress over the weekend so I decided to save that stuff for today, and I got a lot done today too so I just combined them,

First off, I got the Acrylic blocks cut, drilled, and epoxied to the case so the xbox mobo finally has mounts :D

Next I de-cased the PSU and hooked it up to the tank hood and to the motherboard

After a few errors because of the many wires going to the back of the mobo I decided to just run 3 back there 1 for 3 12V spots, 1 for 3 GND spots and 1 for a 5V spot, tested and it worked like a charm.

I also got the A/V port all wired up but no matter what I did the xbox would just turn on for 1-3 seconds (show the boot vid) then go black and restart so I assumed I had a short somewhere but I couldn't find the damn thing so I came up with a somewhat complicated backup for the A/V and that was to take a TV video dock with the 3 hookups for video and L&R audio and cut off a 360 A/V port, then I soldered the wires to the correct hookups and made a male-male A/V cord out of the remaining wires from the 360 A/V cord.

and here is a quick update on how all the stuff is going in the case

Thats all for now, I should be getting the rest done by the end of this weekend which is just in time for the Monday deadline  :tup:

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2011, 10:54:45 PM »
I APPROVE  :tup: :tup: :tup:

Is the other end of that cable male connectors?

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2011, 08:04:22 AM »
thanks and yes I just took the 3 HD hookups and soldered them to the other end of the regular 3 hookups (I wanna call them composite cables? can't remember there name)

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2011, 07:39:26 PM »
yeah they're component/composite cables

Offline Coincidence

• Guppy
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • addicted to LEDs
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2011, 04:01:28 PM »
Ok guys sadly the Xbox motherboard that I am using isn't recovering from the rrod, I have almost everything finished (just have to drop the pumps in and hook up the tubing) but with out a working motherboard I'm afraid that the "Must play a game" requirement won't be fulfilled, I'll keep trying until the very end of the mod off to revive it but if I don't I'll get a new motherboard and finish this mod after the mod off.

The part that sucks is that I have another Xbox but its the slim version so it definitely wouldn't work for this because I don't even know if the PSU would power it, and the Acrylic mounts wouldn't fit the motherboard so short of stealing my sisters Xbox, I have no options lol

Thanks for all the support while I was building this mod, And now that I have extra time I can really put more work and money into this project.

I also might enter another mod off with another (less awesome) idea for a computer case mod but should still be a fun project.

also, Good Luck to all the other mod off contestants, you guys have done some really awesome work and I'm looking forward to see who will win.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal