Author Topic: Mod Off Entry 39471295  (Read 4172 times)

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Mod Off Entry 39471295
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:19:37 AM »

this is the Entry for Entrant 39471295

Email Admin@acidmods.com To Have Updates Posted with the Subject Mod Off Update - (update Number) - 39471295

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
Re: Mod Off Entry 39471295
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 04:53:46 AM »
Hey all here's the stock console,

as the you can probably tell it has no case at the moment. Got a lot of my parts already, will post some more updates asap.

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
Re: Mod Off Entry 39471295 - xbox 360
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 11:11:29 PM »

what up acidmods, this is "39471295", as you can see my project will be an xbox 360 themed around the mass effect series. I myself am a huge mass effect fan and this box is being build in preparation for the upcoming Me3.

Anyway enough with the chit chat and down to the modding business.
First things first, I went to the local hardware store the other day and purchased some paint, as well as rustling up some stuff I had lying around. Hopefully if the weather holds out I can get a few solid days of painting this weekend. Also my carbon fibre stencil arrived from AirSickStencils (<--- Big shout out to them for their amazing shipping prices), I will be cutting some custom stencils myself over the next few days.

The paint job will be based around shepards armor as well as taking some elements from the normandy, if you have never played the games, this basically just means an ass load of carbon fibre and awesome speed stripes (:O). While I was at the hardware store I picked up some coupling saw blades as a few case holes will need to be cut. I found some awesome tubing too (post up some pics later), looks like somewhat geth-like so I will be routing all my cables in this to give an awesome internal effect through the window.

Finally for my update today I have been breadboarding a little led circuit and hopefully I can work out the bugs and complete its design of it over the next few days (get rid of that sodding low power cmos chip), still its half successful at the moment. Big load of leds coming in next week, as well as a bunch of other awesome stuff. Stay tuned.

Anyway, I hope you fella's follow my project, their will be alot more updates in the near future.
Peace out,
  Entrant 39471295
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:35:34 AM by 39471295 »
|Variegation - GhoSt's Final Controller|

|Nothing is deterministic.|

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2011, 08:10:04 PM »
Anyway did a lot this weekend, started painting some minor parts, cut some case, and made some headway on the led circut. Anyway, leds will arrive this week.

Oh yes pictures, did someone say carbon fibre

get some more pics up asap. Btw can a mod change the title of this topic toMass Effect Box 360

cheerio governor
« Last Edit: February 18, 2011, 02:37:00 AM by 39471295 »

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:08:06 AM »
Ok, still need to take alot more pics from last weekends work, new weekend to knuckle down and get somewhere with this mod.
Good news is the led's arrived, in all there ledish glory got a couple of bags of a couple of different colours and sizes.

I wired a couple of these up to the hdd, since I want the hdd to fade like the rest of the console, yet still be removable I chose to externally route the wires in the awesome "geth tubes". I will attach these wires with standard 3.5mm sockets, (note the picture is only of the socket not the tubing). I haven't really done a A+ job on explaining that, but you will see what I mean in later updates.

I have been a good little boy and studying the books to try complete the design of this fader circuit. I got a standard ttl now since the tlc I had couldn't source current, and sinking current the brought up a few issues. Should nail this circuit soon.

Finally, received this nifty little back-lit thermometer that runs off a standard pc molex (5v), so this will be a nice little addition to the case.

more updates at the end of this weekend
kthxbai :P

Offline GhoSt

• Creating Null
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +19/-0
  • Null Pointer Exception
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 01:55:53 AM »
What up acidmods, massive gap since my last update, school and life really smothered me lately. Never fear I have still been modding and this will still be finished on time, just been lazy with updates. Anyway since the last update I have basically got the project in the bag:
I finished the fader circuit (finally, its embarrassing how long it took to iron the kinks out.) all it needs now is an emitter follower to drive all the leds. (uploaded vid to vimeo just now so give it 20-30mins before it is watchable).
Untitled on Vimeo
I finished painting the case, the pic I have here is just the base paint, currently the case also has the N7 logo painted on window side and cerberus logo painted on the other side (will update pics as soon as I get my camera back.)

Found these pics on my desktop, this is the carbon fiber process I used if anyone is interested.
1.)sand and prime.

2.)coat with metallic silver.

3.)lay on template.

4.)Spray on black

5.)Then run some light coats of black over without template to darken final product. Finally coat on the good stuff.

Things that need to be photographed, did a led swap on the console, finished the mesh/orange metal fan grill, painted a bunch of other parts.

Later all.

Just for completions sake I did infact finish this project, well after the mod off ended :P.
link here:
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,40306.msg303376.html#msg303376
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 02:26:07 AM by GhoSt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal