Author Topic: Questing for Higher Resolution : HDMI To Coaxial/Component YRW/4Pin SVideo  (Read 2217 times)

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
Has anyone successfully spliced an HDMI cable and done a pinout/wiring diagram to splice an HDMI signal over to (pref.) Component YRW, 4pin SVideo, or even Coaxial? I don't need to worry about the QAM256, as it's not going to be used with encrypted cable channels, just to force a higher resolution from the PS3.

I know I can go buy a full on converter... but that'll at least put a 300 dollar dent in my wallet. For that, I may as well buy a new TV. And like I said, I don't need the cable signal decoded, which is what most of the meat and potatoes are in those 300-5000$ devices.

While I've got your attention... The PS3 is using the SAME component output jack as the PSX. Is there even just a pin configuration there that's not being used that I can use to my advantage in this situation?

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
Re: Questing for Higher Resolution : HDMI To Coaxial/Component YRW/4Pin SVideo
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »
well you can use the 30 in psx connector for component.

you can not splice together hdmi. Because it only send digital ignal. and to get full 1080p you need hdmi with encryption. therefore you will not be possible to do what your mentioning. if you dont have a hdmi port then use component. you can get up to 1080i i believe.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal