Author Topic: XBOX Slim DVD firmware mod  (Read 2024 times)

Offline atruesoldier

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
XBOX Slim DVD firmware mod
« on: February 20, 2011, 12:45:56 PM »
I am wondering if there will be anyone selling the Xbox Slim DVD drives that are already flashed with new firmware, so you can play burnt games.  I recently traded up to a Slim so i have several games that i cant play.  Any info would greatly be appreciated. 

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
Re: XBOX Slim DVD firmware mod
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:51:11 PM »
i dont have a slim but if its the same as the normal xbox 360 you will need the firmware off your drive to be flashed onto new drive if you want to buy a drive pre flashed as it uses the keys on the drive
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline atruesoldier

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:26:04 PM »
I might be confused then, so you will not be able to buy a drive already preflashed that will allow you to play burnt games.  If it is just the Dvd drive firmware. Team Xecuter is working on a device that should make it easier to flash your drive, well i hope. 

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 03:32:20 PM »
yes, whitetop was correct. you cant just buy a flashed drive, well you posibly could but it would do no good. unless you had a jtag but thats awhole nother story and not posible with aslim.

what white top is refuring to is the drive has a "drive key" {this is a hex code} and the xbox knows that drive key so if you change the drive, the xbox will see a difrent key on the new drive and will not work.

that is why you see drive mail in services. but yes, i would assume team executioner is working on a slim solution
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 03:32:59 PM by modded matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal