Author Topic: YOU guys into freestyle biking? Well how about A INDIE game??  (Read 1279 times)

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
YOU guys into freestyle biking? Well how about A INDIE game??
« on: February 22, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »
Just wondering if you guys are into freestyle biking and also wondering how many people here have a decent knowledge of game development. I have noticed that there is a real "lack" of Biking games for the xbox 360. I myself am an avid biker and it depresses me to see almost all sports being in games (for the 360) except for biking! I have thought of many control ideas, story board and even all the things i would need to make a decent indie game. It passes my mind everyday thinking "why hasn't anybody made a biking game yet?". So I decided that I'm going to tackle this challenge myself and help a ton of other bikers like myself asking the same question. I'm lucky to have relatives who develop software programs and they said they can get me a basic base for a game, custom made by a big game company somewhere in California, but I have no idea where to go from there, I NEED help, but from where? My solution? Well I decided, How about I get volunteers? how about from this great site? They must know a whole bunch don't they? They look and sound pretty smart? So, that's what I've done. I am asking YOU guys If something like this interests you and/or if its a good idea/bad idea. All profits (if any) would be split equally-infact It could even be donated to the site. So let me know what you think, I am open to criticism.
Thanks,
Brosephs
2nd Year EE

Offline Tec_

• EL-Wire King
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +2/-0
  • EL Wire King
Re: YOU guys into freestyle biking? Well how about A INDIE game??
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2011, 07:08:55 PM »
i hate to be a Debbie downer but i just don't think there's any money to be made there. Activision scrapped the guitar hero and the skate franchises because they were not selling enough to justify the amount of money being put in to them. it would be amazing if some how through AM you were able to find a Indie company willing to work with you and actually produced a game but i just don't see it selling. in my expereance (the dave mirra games) biking games have not been that good to start with. they have always felt like mods of skating games.

but im some yahoo on the internet and any thing can happen

good luck

Offline bozoy

• Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +1/-0
  • Baboon Sniffer
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
thank you and I think you right on that part, there is no money to be made. If anything, it would be a concept game and nothing else. What direction do you think I should start to move towards? maybe getting the base of the game and slowly learning how to add stuff in and slowly but surely progress the game myself to make (lets say) a set of jumps or something as a fun project? B/C the more feedback im getting from friends and people, makes it sound like thats whats going to happen.
2nd Year EE

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 08:41:30 PM »
there is one game but it isnt bmx its motorcycle and its been on the marketplace for a year and half its really a awesome game as long as u have a lot of obstetrical

Offline FreeK

• a-LeeK
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • Team CYBER for life
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2011, 09:09:24 PM »
there is one game but it isnt bmx its motorcycle and its been on the marketplace for a year and half its really a awesome game as long as u have a lot of obstetrical

And that would be Trials HD, which is amazing.

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 04:22:35 PM »
thats the game it is amazing

Offline cyberboy109

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +8/-4
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 04:25:46 AM »
Id love to see a bmx game with the skate style gameplay.....but it comes down to money and the truth is most game companys dont really listen to what fans want they just assume or follow the  trends.....on the other hand how many football(soccer) games and wrestling games do we need? theres like 2 to 3 a year

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal