Author Topic: Psp 1000 wierd problems  (Read 5770 times)

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Psp 1000 wierd problems
« on: March 05, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
Okay i bought a psp 1000 from a friend for $20, he said he dropped it and it would it turn on so he took it completely apart, its a release date psp so its at like 1.5 i think, i put it together and turned it on and i thought it was bricked so i stuck a pandora in it and put my mms in and tryed it and nothing,the light just stays green and it wont turn off and the internet light is lit up barely. it wont do anything at all and ive tryed the pandora in other psp's and it works perfect and so does the mms.Can anynone help me? Thanks,  Sam

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Re: Psp 1000 wierd problems
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 07:09:29 PM »
Also, i have cheacked all the wires and cable, there all good.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 07:51:27 PM »
There are so many things that can be wrong...... And If another led is barely lit up that's not supposed to it's definitely a hardware problem, not software. BTW use the modify button instead of double posting.
If you have taken the whole thing apart and put it back together, it probably means a component has fallen off, or something is bridged. There could be many things wrong.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 08:01:10 PM »
sorry i couldn't find the modify button, so the best thing to do is buy a new mobo?

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 08:15:57 PM »
No because it could be the wifi board or something else

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 10:01:55 PM »
I would start with the simple, clean the connections, check the screen ribbon, check the back light ribbon, fuse, and the back light itself. one thing about dropped psp's is the drive malfunctions. Disconnect all the psp drive ribbons (since you wont need them anyhow) after you try that, look to see if the screen is on, and the back light is just not working. Also try a different screen.

Try that, if its still not working, let me know the results of those tests and I will try to help you further.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
I tryed a different screen and backlight, i tryed looking to see if it was the backlight but saw nothing at all,the only problem is that the little black thing that you flip down to hold the screen cable is place is snapped off, but it still goes and stays in there perfectly. ill try the drive thing tommarow and see how it goes, i also have another 1000 so ill try just stick this ones mobo in it ans seeing it that changes any thing. Thanks, Sam

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 10:59:08 PM »
I would start with the simple, clean the connections, check the screen ribbon, check the back light ribbon, fuse, and the back light itself. one thing about dropped psp's is the drive malfunctions. Disconnect all the psp drive ribbons (since you wont need them anyhow) after you try that, look to see if the screen is on, and the back light is just not working. Also try a different screen.

Try that, if its still not working, let me know the results of those tests and I will try to help you further.
If this was the case there would surely be some sort of output? There is not just video out put from the system. Sound. Usb connectivity. Something. He said the screen is black and nothing happens. Surely it was something like that, the other functions would work. And I guess Sam should have been a little more specific.

When you turn it on, you said the green light turns on and nothing else. Does the charge led come on when you attach a charger? Do your inputs work? When you press one of the directional buttons, do you hear anything? If you don't, do you hear it when you attach headphones? Just too many things to answer from a vague statement...The best way to get the best answer is to describe every symptom that you are having. That way you can narrow down the problem.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 11:38:25 PM »
Okay the charger port is broken, the place where it plugs in is snapped off, i tryed listening didnt hear any thing ill try some headphones,when i turn it on with a pandora it stays on, but when i turn it on with a regular battery it turns off after 30 seconds, i dont think its a brick because pandora would have fixed it. also the network light lights up a tiny bit you cant see it through the faceplate but you can when you take it off.the buttons dont seem to be responding but i cant really be sure because i have no video.Also will any mms work? its a release date PSP and hasint been updated at all. when i turn it on using 5.00 mms it turns off after 30 seconds with a 1.5 mms it stays on and doesint turn off.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 11:38:54 PM by samysososa »

techninjadude

« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2011, 02:55:21 AM »
ALLOW ME DEMONSTRATE, if it has recovery menu. Press the R button and start it up, FIXED ?

But how can it be bricked it is a 1.5 firmware it could only be bricked if failed update.

techninjadude

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2011, 02:57:21 AM »
Battery? its a old psp, so obviously the battery is broken?

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 08:17:24 AM »
 No its not bricked i dont think, ive tryed unbricking it and it doesint respond at all no recovery menu or anything. ive also tryed lots of different batteries. i dont think its fixable, ill just buy a new mobo.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 08:19:29 AM by samysososa »

techninjadude

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 09:43:22 AM »
Try this, take out the battery then wait for a min and put it back it back in. Then when you switch it on, keep your finger pushed up on the switch.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2011, 10:55:30 AM »
ALLOW ME DEMONSTRATE, if it has recovery menu. Press the R button and start it up, FIXED ?

But how can it be bricked it is a 1.5 firmware it could only be bricked if failed update.
ALLOW YOU TO LEAVE..... seriously. You haven't suggested anything useful.

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2011, 02:20:39 PM »
I'm starting from square 1, he didn't give any information that is truly helpful,as the information that has been given is relative to so many different issues. We all know that 90% of the time it is something that is overlooked... multiple times....

I have had several PSP's that have had similar problems. there was only 1 that was actually broke.

being that the mms keeps the power on, i would check it in another PSP and see if it actually works. if not re-write the stick.

We can only give you help based on what information you give us.

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 06:37:59 PM »
okay ill post a video and some pictures as soon as i can so you can see whats going on, also the mms works perfect on my friends 1000

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal