Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > PS3

PS3 DVD DRIVE LOGIC BOARD question

(1/8) > >>

Rodent:
I have been looking around and cant find the answer, I have a PS3, that i changed the Logic board on and everything works  yet will not read the disk, and I know why because the board is differnet then the one that belongs to it, its off a 20 gb PS3 and not a 40gb... yet I found out that the board is no good. TESTED thats all.

I have been reading and looking. My question ,IS the logic board keyed like a 360 to match the motherboard or can I just replace the board and it will work?

DuctTapedGoat:
The logic board is "married" (tech term) to your PS3s mainboard.

There's a way to remarry a logic board to your mainboard - I haven't done it, but there's plenty of people who have. I can try and do some Google-fu and find something, but your best bet is to either find a tut or find someone who's done it who will make a tut for you.

Rodent:
I have found some info on it, and just not sure, if you just need the same firmware board, I tried another board, from a 20 gb ps3 which mine is a 40 gb drive, and everything worked, except it wouldnt read the cd or game, it would auto feed in and spin up the laser worked and just wouldnt read and had no errors. I did see that you need to replace 2 chips from yours to another , yet no tut showing how to do it

thanks I will keep looking if you fine something let me know

DuctTapedGoat:
All I'm finding requires a service mode dongle. -_-

Rodent:
Ebay has a replacement board, that you can buy that is replaceable as long as firmware matches, the board numbers BMD-001 A1, A2,A3,A4

Like I said I have tried another board everything worked , except reading the disk, so that tells me that it can be changed if you buy the right board with out having to change the chip or key. Sony says that it can just be put in and replaced , whether that is true , I will have to find out other then that you have a Epromm chip and a bmg chip that has to go on the board doesnt look that hard . just time and patients

make sence>?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version