Author Topic: Matrix controller and Halo reach problem  (Read 1346 times)

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
Matrix controller and Halo reach problem
« on: April 17, 2011, 02:34:50 AM »
So I put an Led in the Guide button and the ABXY into a Matrix controller.  everything works completely fine (like all buttons function properly with black ops), but when i play Halo Reach in multiplayer, my gun would like shoot in the beginning of the match  (as if i pressing RT) until i press RT to stop it. 

any ideas?

Matrix controller with transistor (tried 2n2222 and 2n3904) using the first and last solder points on the RT

thanks
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS   )                -1 GameCube
-1 PS2 (fa              -2 OG Gameboys
-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
Re: Matrix controller and Halo reach problem
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2011, 03:36:34 AM »
whats the transistor doing?

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2011, 07:45:28 AM »
not related issues,

the controller has no idea what game your playing. sounds like your shorting/overloading something

what is the transistor doing?

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2011, 10:05:36 AM »
I had the same exact problem before.

Let me guess you have the Base of the transistor hooked to the switched supply point...

If so theres your problem.. RDC recommends optical-couplers to switch your rapidfire chips on/off.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2011, 12:05:30 PM »
yea im using  it with a switched supply.  i didnt want to use an  octo since its just halo that it occurs.  its weird because it doesn't occur in any other games but halo.
MY CONSOLE LIST:

-1 PS2 (slim           -2 color gameboys -1 PS3                   -1 GBA -5 PSP                   -1 Gameboy SP -1 iPod TOUCH                   -2 NDS w/r4 -1 iPod video 5g                 -1 Wii -1 iPod nano (2-1g)(1-3g)    -1 Sega Genisis -2 NES                             -1 Atari Lynx -1 Gameboy micro

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2011, 02:53:25 PM »
yea im using  it with a switched supply.  i didnt want to use an  octo since its just halo that it occurs.  its weird because it doesn't occur in any other games but halo.

yeah i've heard about people with similar problems to this when they have rapid fire, i think for some reason halo games read the triggers different to other games, i don't know why just does.

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2011, 03:15:26 PM »
I thought we were talking about lighting mods not RF? shouldnt have anythng connected to the trigger points.

but now re reading, you are connected to he top and bottom pin. for v= and neg, there is your problem.

this is prolly bleeding through in all games, but only halo is sensitive enough to notice.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 03:19:56 PM by modded matt »

Offline whuthefxk

• King of the Wii-tards
  • Post quality +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 03:41:07 PM »
can you refer me to any alternative spots for switch that i can use with a transistor to switch a few LEDs?  thanks
MY CONSOLE LIST:

Offline RDC

• Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +90/-2
  • The CGnome Project
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2011, 06:34:57 PM »
The Wireless Matrix has a switched 2v spot that can be used with a 2N3904 to turn the - to your LEDs on/off.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?s=&showtopic=509315&view=findpost&p=3433931

Then wire the + of them all up to the AA or PnC spot, it's all in that thread. Don't use this for any cRapid Fire mods or it will cause issues, an OC is still the best way to go about that.

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=723111
Screwing up is one of the best learning tools, so long as the only thing you're not learning is how to screw up.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal