Author Topic: PSP 2000 LED TRIGGER HELP L&R  (Read 4030 times)

Offline sibie

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
PSP 2000 LED TRIGGER HELP L&R
« on: April 14, 2011, 10:34:29 PM »
Hey guys!

well, im going to be attempting my first mod soon, the LED L&R tigger mod but not the sound reactive one, the solid light one. Anyways, I saw the guide by Phrotac, the one where the switch is wired to the wifi switch. it seems like a good idea because it uses a 2.5V source so if i used 2 leds it wouldn't burn them. Problem is, I cannot really tell where the led's positive and negative wires are soldered. I can see a general area but not the exact place.

for reference:

the 5th pic

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,37370.0.html

so i was hoping someone could post some clearer pics of where exactly to solder the wires too so i dont mess my psp up.

Thanks!!!!!

P.S.
My apologies if i posted in the wrong section xD

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
Re: PSP 2000 LED TRIGGER HELP L&R
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 10:44:23 PM »
here u go buddy here is a pic on the most 3 common 0603 smd leds if u cant see them good just get a small magnifier hope it helps  :victory: by the way welcome to acidmods  :drunk:

Offline sibie

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 10:52:21 PM »
Hey! thanks for the reply Lobo, appreciate it but i was actually unsure about where Phrotac  soldered the wire to on the psp....

Offline sibie

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 04:56:36 PM »
No one has any idea?

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2011, 05:04:40 PM »
Sigh.........................
He didn't take a macro picture because each motherboard of the psp slim is different.... and there are a lot of them. what good is a tut if it won't work for most? the place he soldered to, might not even be on your motherboard. Where he soldered was next to the umd laser... I expain this over and over, In this area there are many 2-4v spots, great for leds. If you're going to be doing these mods, you might as well invest in a multimeter, they will come in handy many times along the way. Get one, and test the board yourself for the voltage you need. On the PSP 1000, everybody used the powerboard, because there was a 3.3v spot. For the sound reactive mod, either hook up directly to the speakers, or use the speakers and a 5v spot. These are the same on each motherboard of that type of psp, which allows for a tutorial to be made. But when doing mods like these, for each motherboard there are different components, in different spots, so there's really no point in making one... Just a general guide.

Offline sibie

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2011, 05:39:21 PM »
Ok thanks for the reply! Atleast you gave me an answer xD

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2011, 08:14:20 PM »
glad to help ;) if you really are desperate and don't care about the quality of your mod, lifespan of leds, etc........................... just take your positive wire and touch each component on the motherboard. if it lights up dim, not enough voltage... if it starts burning too much lol... this is DANGEROUS and could risk shorting the board.. but i remember doing it in my noob days. don't tell anyone i told you that ;)

Offline sibie

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
Alright I'll keep that in mind! But I'll look around some more and use that as a last resort. Do you have a general guide that is for 2000 slim I could use? But not like phrotac, I mean more of a tutorial.

Offline DJGodman Mods

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • PSP Mods , Hacks , Pandora , And More From DJGodma
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2011, 08:05:54 AM »
hi , why nobody using original big leds without amplifier , more powerful without problems , try it , good for 2 leds , 1 for 1 speaker , also for 2000 series , most of them , wlan switch didnt work and has problems with psp motherboard
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 08:07:33 AM by DJGodman Mods »

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2011, 11:09:46 AM »
hi , why nobody using original big leds without amplifier , more powerful without problems , try it , good for 2 leds , 1 for 1 speaker , also for 2000 series , most of them , wlan switch didnt work and has problems with psp motherboard

no one uses them cuz they are bulky and you can easily wreck the L and R triggers drilling a hole that big in them. they are only plastic and fragile plastic to boot (especially on the psp 1000 models)

I personally have used the 3mm led's with little problems in the past, but i would strongly recomend using either 1206 or 0603 model SMD (SMT?) LED's. because it helps with ppl's soldering skills.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal