Author Topic: misspelling  (Read 1781 times)

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
misspelling
« on: May 01, 2011, 07:52:02 PM »
i just thought i should point out that "integrate" is misspelled as "intergrate" at the top of the page. that is all, cheers. :tup:

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
Re: misspelling
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 08:40:38 PM »
Hmmm... You have a keen eye.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 09:25:18 PM »
i was born with two of them. someday i'll find the other one and become an author.

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 09:38:00 PM »
Hmmm... i like that! it amuses me.

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 12:02:50 AM »
on the acidmods logo, they misspelled: laeders in modding technology.

SIKE!!! JK GOTCHA YOU LOOKED SO DONT LIE

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2011, 01:20:16 AM »
i dont see it where?

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2011, 06:12:04 AM »
its the facebook integration. the who app has it spelled wrong, even in the credits. While I appreciate y0u bringing this to out attention, there is nothing we can o about it other than to rewrite the mod itself. (not going to happen) I will dig through hundreds of pages of code to see if i can find it, but dont hold your breath.

I was assuming this topic was going to be..."hehe you spelled x wrong" Of which I have had enough of. people dont come to acidmods to have their spelling and grammar corrected, quite frankly it pisses them off. I have got more than one report about this through pm. I am one of the worst spellers in the world, and I dont care. if you have a problem with it, thats too bad. this is acidmods, not spelling mods, If ayone has a problem with that, they should probaly find another forum to hang out on.

Offline jacobia jacob

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +3/-0
  • come at me bro
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2011, 11:14:27 AM »
i didn't make this post to be insulting or make fun of anyones spelling, i was just pointing it out in case you had missed it and could fix it.

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2011, 11:57:09 AM »
I'm definitely guilty of correcting people's spelling, though I don't do it to be mean (and I now try to not do it at all), I just do it to inform other people as I think sometimes it can lead to serious miscommunication and mistakes (like some old tuts having incorrect values due to typos, causes confusion and then people ask tons of questions and the tut writer and members get irritated when it all could have been avoided just by using spell check), as has been seen in communications with members who do not speak english as a primary language (there have been many and I will not name names). I agree with matt that in general spelling mistakes are harmless and pointing them out is often futile (as the individual doesn't care) and provokes arguments and fights (most people hate to be corrected or have their mistakes pointed out to them). though in a technical capacity, where the simple omission of a 'k' in a diagram could have detrimental results, I think sometimes pointing out these errors is warranted.

However, that being said, I think that spelling mistakes in official site graphics (not that I've personally noticed any nor am I saying there are any), announcements, news articles, forum headers, etc. (anything officially site related or representative of our site to the general public) looks highly unprofessional and leads to creating an opinion of this site being amateurish, unprofessional, and makes us look stupid and careless...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline frenulem - No.5417

• Ultimate Badass
  • Blogs & Media Team
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +23/-0
  • Learning Pascal Cuz i'm dumb and 'Ting
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2011, 01:28:02 PM »
...announcements, news articles, forum headers, etc. (anything officially site related or representative of our site to the general public) looks highly unprofessional and leads to creating an opinion of this site being amateurish, unprofessional, and makes us look stupid and careless...
Two words, GOOGLE and CHROME ;D

Offline robin1989

• Site Owner - Site Maintenance & development
  • Administrator
  • Mad Bomber
  • Post quality +21/-0
  • Site owner
    • Acidmods
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 02:24:08 PM »
ok thanks to the developer of the mod coding it properly so that the naming was in the language files and not the actual pages it wasn't hard to find and fix. next time though if you find spelling mistakes just send a pm to us instead of making a topic as 1 its an unesercery topic and 2 its a bit embarrassing - its like when your going through puberty and your voice squeaks and someone shouts at the top of there voice calling you out about it

i am not responsible for what i do or my advice

Get the iPhone 4s from Three using Quidco and recieve £109 cashback

Offline Modded Matt

• Site Owner
  • Administrator
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +65/-3
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2011, 03:16:25 PM »
absolutely, if there is a spelling error in a tut, header or any other part of the site it need to be reported and corrected if in our control. This is me and robins fault for not paying attention when adding mods to the site.  it happens.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 03:16:58 PM by modded matt »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal