Author Topic: E-74 fixing problems  (Read 1212 times)

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
E-74 fixing problems
« on: April 29, 2011, 09:01:42 PM »
hey guys i need some help. i reflow the chip with a hair dryer on the hana chip for ten minutes and let it cool down then, i put it together and turned it on and it turned on perfect and i shut it off and turned it back on and the fans revved up super loud and then it shut off and nothing came on the screen so i turned it on again and e-74 came up. i need help quick !!!!  :beg: :beg:

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
Re: E-74 fixing problems
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2011, 12:06:54 AM »
update, it seams to be turing on by itself and doin the 2 light thing. pretty freaky, so i unplugged it lol

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 02:42:14 AM »
The first thing, is its over heating that is why the fans are revving up and shutting down with 2 red lights.

As for the E-74 error your getting this can be fixed just have to try some things first. Try a different av cable that could be causeing the problem.

If that doesn't work then you need to reflow the GPU ,I have had this problem many of times, make sure that you keep the heat even so that the mobo doesnt flex or warp , need to keep the mobo flat and heated even.If the mobo
is warped or not flat you will contuine to keep having the same problem. If warped you need to heat up the board it will flatten back out, but you probably need to get it hotter then the blow dryer or spend more time heating it.

2nd you may have to get some NO-CLEAN liquid flux from e-bay its like $2 to $5 usdollars and this will help when reflowing the gpu or hana chip. make sure you use the artic silver 5 paste also. If you need anything else , let me know I will be glad to help you.

Make sure that when you put it back together. you assemble it correctly and your problems should be fixed. :)
Follow this guide when you put it back together if your not using the x-clamps
https://acidmods.com/forum/index.php?topic=33083.msg248097;boardseen#new
« Last Edit: April 30, 2011, 02:49:23 AM by Rodent »

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 06:53:02 AM »
I think it might be warped i've tried every thing you said but i didn't keep it even i just held it on the hana chip for 10 minutes.

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 07:27:59 AM »
I think it might be warped i've tried every thing you said but i didn't keep it even i just held it on the hana chip for 10 minutes.
I warped mobo may be your problem... But i really think why reflowing the gpu fixes everybody's E74 is because the (H)ana chip gets heated up in the process... If the chip has legs, place a hair dryer as close as possible, if it is a bga chip use a heat gun. There are two types of the (h)ana chip. Mine was not BGA, I used a hairdryer for 15 minutes, and it worked like a charm.. My friend has owned the xbox for almost a year, and he is playing Crysis 2 ATM and it's still working.

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 09:07:27 AM »

IF the mobo is warped you can reheat it up but you will need to reheat the board from edges in bringing the heat up gradually . so start by heating from the  ousides of the board and bring it in to  the center of the mother board, you will see the board flatting out as you heat it up. You may want to make sure the blow drying is on high heat. this could take up to a half hour with a blow dryer. It can be done. and I am willing to bet after that you will have to use NO CLEAN FLUX on the  GPU in order for it to get rid of the error. Be patient you will get it fixed

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal