Console Modding------ ( Here you can talk about your favorite Consoles ) > PSP's

Looking for tips on PSP Internal battery Mod.

(1/5) > >>

Evockzi:
With my interest in my PSP renewed as I found out about CFW for 3000's, I'm now looking into stuff I was looking into prior.

I thought about extending the battery by using the space within UMD compartment, I went... someone must have done this before, and so they have.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,32190.0.html

--- Quote from: tonny on April 21, 2010, 01:34:04 AM ---i am from china, i DIY IT,i made MUD batteries such as the pictures.but you must remove the UMD mod.i am planing to sell them on ebay.
those batteries can let your PSP works 12-24hours .now here is the amazing creation: (vedio install guidance is available.)

if somebody want to buy from me, it will be around $60 with shipping via air mail..add extra 10usd to get EMS express shipping.
i will upload the vedio for modify soon.
you can also send me your psp and let me do for you, but modify fees will be quested...lolz :clap: :clap: :w00t:

--- End quote ---

Another thing posted in the topic, re: the circuit to protect the main battery from overload, though still not sure what is avaliable, but , imagine this would do the trick, credit to atomicareprise for finding.

Charge/Dicharge Protective Circuit Board

Now Cellphone batteries were used, 2 of them, which seems plausible, problem is, there are 1000's of cellphone batteries under the sun, and I need 2 that will fit the UMD bay well, and deliver highest mAh for their size.

I'm fairly confident in my ability to do this mod through my fairly extensive experience with computer case/hard modding.

I just really need some help finding the parts  :whoosh: (specially the batteries)

Any help would be appreciated.

Crumbz:
you could try ebay. Or you could try using a rechargable mp3 battery. Check www.dealextreme.com for a good battery.

Evockzi:
Oh I know there are lots of batteries I have in mind, unfortunetly most of them aren't Measured so its difficult to just pick a battery and hope I can get the most out of it, as I don't have a huge supply of batteries at my disposal. But managing to find a battery is only a matter of time,

I'm a bit more lost on the heavier electronics side for the circuit board to protect the circuit, and if there are others available and what to look for.  I honestly don't have a clue how to hook that circuit board up since it seems alot different then one I can see.

Sammy:
Remember to be carefull though, fuses will blow!

Evockzi:
Just finished getting stuff in for the device today, my 2x 16gb cards arrived so far working perfectly with my Cr-5400, and reading at 29.7GB, tho am curious why the Write speed seems low, is it because its writing across both drives, Which would normally increase speed in a Raid format.

But my Scandisc 8gb was writting at 4.9mb/s Class 2, and these patriot's Class 4 are writing at 3.3mb/s.. so something smells fishy, also picked up Extended life battery, after scowering the web for after market batteries but... real deal from sony is unbeatable, all the 3600mAh from what I read are junk.

As for this mod proposal, with 2200Mah under the hood and hopefully another 3000mah to go, this device should have enough power to play for days on end.

As for the fuses as long as the charge/discharge circuit is sound I think it should be ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version