Author Topic: we are legion not anonymous?  (Read 7822 times)

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
  • im not in the ass kissing team
we are legion not anonymous?
« on: May 06, 2011, 08:40:10 AM »

Sony has blamed the online vigilante group Anonymous for indirectly allowing the security breach that allowed a hacker to gain access to the personal data of more than 100m online game users was compromised.

In a letter to Congress, Sony said its network was breached at the same time as it was defending itself against a denial-of-service attack from Anonymous.

Denial-of-service attacks take servers down by overwhelming them with internet traffic.

Sony said that it had been the target of attacks from Anonymous because it had taken action against a hacker in federal court in San Francisco.
'We are legion'

It added that the attack that stole the data had been launched separately while it was distracted by the denial-of-service attack, and that it was not sure whether the organisers of the two attacks were working together.

Sony said that it had discovered on Sunday a file planted on one of its servers named Anonymous and featuring the line "We are legion", which is a phrase used by the group.

The vigilante group has denied being involved in the data theft.

In the letter to members of the House Commerce Committee, Kazuo Hirai, chairman of Sony Computer Entertainment America, defended the way that his company had dealt with the breach.

Sony discovered a breach in its Playstation video game network on 20 April but did not report it to US authorities for two days and only informed consumers on 26 April.

"Throughout the process, Sony Network Entertainment America was very concerned that announcing partial or tentative information to consumers could cause confusion and lead them to take unnecessary actions if the information was not fully corroborated by forensic evidence," the letter said.

When are sony going to admit they they fooked up ffs! They blame everyone else apart from the real culprits here.

YOU are to blame Sony NO ONE else! You bought this upon yourselves with all the crap that you pull. Your security system was not up to scratch, you have annoyed alot of people with your recent court action against a hacker just because they cracked your secuity system. If you want it more secure spend more money on it then!

You dont hear of MS spitting its dummy out going after C4eva (firmware hacker for xbox) they just go on improving there system security to try and combat the hack. Which happens quite alot

Your own actions and tantrums are your own downfall Sony. The sooner you stick your hands in the air and say "sorry we have messed up" people will be annoyed but they will get over it but you keep blaming everyone else and we all know that YOU are the ones to blame no one else!!!! Give it up and start again and save face dont dig the hole any bigger than it already is!!!
come to the rite place if you kiss admins as they promote you to admin.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
Re: we are legion not anonymous?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:49:27 AM »
tbh i still don't believe it was anonymous, i'm more inclined to think the file was just an attempt to frame them...

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »
rumors have it that it was one of the members who did it on his own

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 08:54:05 AM »
rumors have it that it was one of the members who did it on his own

yeah i guess thats possible...

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
it could be since sony found a file that would have let them back into there server at any time but sony found and removed it thats why they was redoing  the service just incase they missed anything else so i think when it got hacked one left the file to do the stealing of info
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:46:25 PM by whitetop »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
  • Dōmo, Konnichiwa, :censored:es...
    • Misadventures in Mediocrity and Modding
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2011, 09:45:20 AM »
wow, that's really lame on sony's part... sure, you were distracted by the DoS attack, that's why you missed a massive security breach and theft of customer data... maybe I'm wrong, but didn't those two events actually happen days apart? and wasn't the DoS on their website servers and the security breach on the PSN servers? if so, what, do they only have one guy managing all their servers? there was no one else watching the rest of the servers? every single sony employee was working on the DoS attack? if so, that's some pretty crappy resource management...

They just keep making themselves look more and more pathetic...
AcidMods Ninja... You won't know I'm there until you're gone...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2011, 10:34:42 AM »
lol. wow now their trying to blame their problems on someone else who didn't even have anything to do with that attack.

I mean at this point i have completely lost my respect for them (what little their was).

So where is it going to end? Who else are they going to try to blame? GeoHot? Microsoft?
I mean you know when a company is getting desperate when they try to blame someone else for their incompetence.

EPIC FAIL

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 11:00:12 AM »
lol bill gates was the one who hacked their system...

All of these sigs are from the original acidmods sig comp...  @jrfhoutx  "No respect, no respect at all... that's the story of my life." --

Offline [HoP]

• Ex-AcidMag
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +9/-3
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 12:20:48 PM »
:::This just in:::

Sony reports that it was actually Elvis Presley and Michael Jackson who performed the security breach.

Tupac was distracting their momma's while Elvis slid in on his blue suede shoes and Michael used his glove to remove/replace the hard drive.

Honestly Sony??

lol, i wouldnt doubt it though

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
jrfhoutx is right. both attacks were in different time frames. In IRC chats, it appears that the apache servers they had were never updated (1.5 years old), nether was there MySQL servers. So you can tell they did not pay there IT guys. lol .Actually here in SD, Sony fired 200 people with a short notice, (before this "first" attack occurred), so think might of been a guy leaving open a back door lol.

and DUDE! sony said in their PlayStation blog that Annon had nothing to do with it. Then annon said they did not do it. Now when the US government, asked sony what happened they blamed annon for this one file they found? and sony clams that it was them. did they forget to mention that there were two attacks? One in the SOE and another on PSN.

AND!!! lol, sony is saying that no one has bin effected yet! , but there has bin many people who has had there credit cards charged. so i just believe that all that comes out of Sony is just bull:censored:!

OR maybe it was osama trying to attack all the usa gamers?? too soon lol?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 02:38:39 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 02:53:16 PM »
lol way too soon... and i know it dosent make sense... i wonder what they are trying to cover up? besides their ass and their obvious intent to make fools of themselves?

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 03:02:04 PM »
exactly! what are they trying to cover up?  how they :censored:ed up so bad? or they just pointing fingers.

well i guess its too soon., lol

BTW, here in MTS in SD they gave out a orange warning(its serrius) that osama was planing a attack on mass transit. so if any of you guys have mass transit in your city, be careful.

Sony's security breach is now being called the biggest information break in the us History.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:11:53 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 03:46:21 PM »
so now bin laden is planning attacks from beyond the grave?

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 03:54:06 PM »
so now bin laden is planning attacks from beyond the grave?

Naw man it's really MJ and Elvis who are trying to be reborn through the digital world. but they need money to help pay the hackers to make the program so they broke into the PSN and are taking peoples money to pay them.

It's them i tells ya! it's really really them! lol

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2011, 04:41:28 PM »
agreed TwistedMind33! lol it was them!

Offline Crumbz

• Local Moderator
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2011, 04:52:46 PM »
Elvis originally just wanted a sandwich again (cuz they don't permit them in hell (for all the drugs he did)) but MJ had bigger plans and wanted to reincarnate himself back into the world of the living!!!

lol
i can see that being a cheap cheap story book or movie! lol

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 08:12:08 AM »
Yeah, its so very easy to blame Sony.

I mean, they were asking for the attack. Just like America asked for 9/11. We were so slack in our security, we deserved to lose the twin towers and the lives of all of those inoccent people. I mean, what were we thinking? It was OUR fault we got the two-bit terrorists angry at us. It was also our fault that we didn't have enough airport and homeland security to prevent the attack. There is no need to blame the  :censored:ers who flew the planes into major US buildings, right?

Sony provided a friggin box to play games. They have done this since before most of you were born. They have been fighting (and losing to) piracy 3 times longer than Microsoft ever got into the console business. To say they deserved to get hacked is assinine and BS. The only thing Sony has lost is some online time and more network develpoment expense. The people who have lost anything for real are PS owners. So your arguements are that people who have bought a PS3 deserve what happened.

I personaly dont give a  :censored: about any of this. But I am getting tired of listening to such immature tripe.

Maybe the lot of you should just get out of the console scene altogether if you hate it so much.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 08:35:16 AM »
no dude. im not saying they desired to be hacked. im saying that sony had weak security implementations.

and you comparing hackers to terrorist? dude not all hackers are bad you know. they can ether be white hat or black hat.

We dont hate the console scene, i love the ps3 and its hardware, security and the companies dispositions, im not so fond of.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 09:19:07 AM »
Good hackers and bad hackers.

What constitutes good hacking?

And where do you put either Anonymous and/or the one(s) responsible for stealing personal data? Quite honestly, they both broke the law, with the intent to harm the people who own PS3s (intentionaly or collatorally).

Please do not glorify these  :censored:ers just because you dont like Sony. Most PS3 owners dont have a clue, nor care about the personal vendetta some people have against Sony. They simply bought a PS3 to play retail discs and have Blueray drive and enjoy the free PSN service that Sony provided as is. Better than 90% of the owners. Yet they are the ones paying for all of this hate.

Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 10:02:58 AM »
im not saying they deserved to be hacked, again! im saying that sony had weak security implementations. if you know about some Security implementations, you would know how irresponsible it was for sony not to update there servers.

first it was not annon! Second what constitutes good hacking is proof of concept, exposure of vulnerability, white hat hackers are hacker that protect you online, to keep technology up to its toes to make sure you are truly safe.

Everything in the internet is bound to be hacked, but sony should of not made it so easy! f*ck! not updating you apache and myQSL servers for one and a half years, not encrypting sensitive info, only having 2 :censored:ing firewalls protecting there main application data servers! I mean the dam hackers got root!!! WTF!!! i mean realy?

Offline whitetop

• E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +39/-12
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2011, 10:26:49 AM »
they mite have had weak security but it does not give people the right to say they deserve to be hacked as if you put alot of money into what you liked and someone came and hacked the :censored: out of that does that not mean you deserved it!!!!

when xboxlive does get hacked does that mean they deserve it and and millions of people get there info taken does that mean they deserve it???

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »
Sony being in the position they are, while providing a free online service on a high end console and having servers containing sensitive user information had no right to have such L A X  security to compromise thousands of users.

Do I blame anybody? Not really, as it wouldn't SOLVE anything.

Am I upset about it? Of course, but what can I do to change anything?

You can easily class "hackers" with terrorists.

Definition of TERRORISM (merriam webster)
: the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion

There are also many different kinds of terrorists - take for example ecoterrorists who defend nature by attacking corporate giants that release insane amounts of pollutants.

There are GOOD people and BAD people, and no matter what label you put on a group, there will be GOOD  (insert plural of group here) and BAD (insert plural of group here). Hackers are no exception. Many hackers are not bad people, many muslims are not bad people, many people in politics are not bad people. But, it only takes a few bad apples until someone wants to burn the whole friggin tree down.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 02:57:03 PM by DuctTapedGoat »

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »
Second what constitutes good hacking is proof of concept, exposure of vulnerability, white hat hackers are hacker that protect you online, to keep technology up to its toes to make sure you are truly safe.

There are GOOD people and BAD people, and no matter what label you put on a group, there will be GOOD  (insert plural of group here) and BAD (insert plural of group here). Hackers are no exception. Many hackers are not bad people, many muslims are not bad people, many people in politics are not bad people. But, it only takes a few bad apples until someone wants to burn the whole friggin tree down.

Very good answers. :)

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
yee thats true. im just a shame that most people classify hacker all in the bad group.

i myself are in the IT security biz, and some fellow coworkers like myself demonstrated there potential tough hacking. so it can be a good thing. so those groups are welcome to intellectual people, but when i go to college, the when people know that a "hacker" works here in the MTS, they see me in a strage way. so i dont think that term means the same to alot of people

well, DuctTapedGoat good analogy!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 07:55:53 PM by geraldrubalcava »

Offline jrfhoutx

• The Long-Winded One
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +35/-8
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2011, 09:00:10 PM »
i dont think that term means the same to alot of people

Thank media sensationalism, gross stereotyping, and ignorance for that...

Offline geraldrubalcava

• E = MC²
  • Post quality +15/-3
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
yea man i know :/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal