Author Topic: psp 2000 ultimate go mod  (Read 5214 times)

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
psp 2000 ultimate go mod
« on: May 17, 2011, 02:54:27 PM »
hey guys! long time no post...anyways. i got an idea for a psp go mod for my psp 2000. i thought of having a sliding mechanism for the 2000. jus like the go. i also thought of using somewhat the same assembly the go has with the controls but a little remixed. see on the go when you slide up the screen you get the arrowns abxy one nub and start and back. well due to the size of the 2000 i thought of having the whole homebar there along with dual nubs :yess:  and also when the screen slides up on the 2000 mod it will also reveal a go cam. kinda hard to explain all this in just text so ill post a pic later. anyways tell me what you guys think. btw i also may have to make some custom housing. probably just for the buttons under the screen and maybe for the lcd. (i might just use a faceplate for that). oh and one more thing,do you guys know where i can get a longer ribbon or robbon extendor for the lcd? thanx!

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
Re: psp 2000 ultimate go mod
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 03:05:12 PM »
i forgot to mention it will also have a motion sensor from a built in tilt fx and yea the cam will give a mic so nothing need there!

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 03:05:44 PM »
and you're going to do this how................

plus there is no such thing is a ribbon extender for the psp 2000 lcd. you have to solder to the zif. one. by one. by one. have fun with that.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2011, 03:08:17 PM by nEoVaLoR »

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 03:23:49 PM »
i kno it sounds a lil like a rediculous mod but its worth a try! if everything comes out right then itll be pretty cool. also remember the psp laptop someone made. it looked they had a pretty long ribbon for the lcd im curious how did he do that?  btw i was gonna post a pic but idk how to

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 03:38:18 PM »
I just told you. You have to solder to the zif connector. One. By one. By one......................................................

This would take me hours to do.. is this your first mod??

and nothing is ridiculous if its in your reach.. but i don't think you're ready for it. unless you're a pro at soldering, molding, all that.... i've seen SO many posts like this. I'm gonna redesign the psp. I'm gonna make a sliding psp. Blah,blah. But they always get told the same thing, you have to do this, this, this............ And then we never hear from them again.

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2011, 03:54:10 PM »
k it didnt let me post so im just gonna type a lil. im 14,im gonna try even if i mess up considering the difficulty,im might not reply to future posts from now cuz im actually doing a lil research,and any help/tips will be appreciated. l8rs

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2011, 04:05:50 PM »
Please Read This. If anyone marks my karma down I don't care. I'm not being an :censored:. I just want you to know the truth.:
YOU WILL FAIL.
plain and simple. this is way, way, way out of your reach. please don't try this yet. you will epically fail. I'd rather you wait a couple of years, and gain the knowledge first. I don't want you to have a broken psp.

You know all that time you will spend researching? you won't be able to execute it like you think you will. I remember going over disassembly guides for hours, almost memorizing them... when i was 14 i could barely get my 2000 taken apart, AFTER reading the guides... i broke it 3 weeks later.

I then broke another psp trying to do a simple TRIGGER mod...................

And then i broke another.

Please be smart, and try something smaller. Then when you succeed, increase. Bigger and bigger, til you are on this level. You can't just "create" custom housing, there is no ribbon extender.. those are two things i know without even reading your post again. Just be careful!!

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »
Please Read This. If anyone marks my karma down I don't care. I'm not being an :censored:. I just want you to know the truth.:
YOU WILL FAIL.
plain and simple. this is way, way, way out of your reach. please don't try this yet. you will epically fail. I'd rather you wait a couple of years, and gain the knowledge first. I don't want you to have a broken psp.

You know all that time you will spend researching? you won't be able to execute it like you think you will. I remember going over disassembly guides for hours, almost memorizing them... when i was 14 i could barely get my 2000 taken apart, AFTER reading the guides... i broke it 3 weeks later.

I then broke another psp trying to do a simple TRIGGER mod...................

And then i broke another.

Please be smart, and try something smaller. Then when you succeed, increase. Bigger and bigger, til you are on this level. You can't just "create" custom housing, there is no ribbon extender.. those are two things i know without even reading your post again. Just be careful!!
i had my 2000 mastered at 11 lol i stilll have it now, but its a lil screwed up

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline Sammy

• BST BAN
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +15/-1
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2011, 04:49:27 PM »
I just told you. You have to solder to the zif connector. One. By one. By one......................................................

This would take me hours to do.. is this your first mod??

and nothing is ridiculous if its in your reach.. but i don't think you're ready for it. unless you're a pro at soldering, molding, all that.... i've seen SO many posts like this. I'm gonna redesign the psp. I'm gonna make a sliding psp. Blah,blah. But they always get told the same thing, you have to do this, this, this............ And then we never hear from them again.
Im gonna make a psp into a gameboy!!!! lol what happened to that guy.

Toad: Sam, You sound like your stoned out of your mind lol
Me: :D

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2011, 05:00:33 PM »
Im gonna make a psp into a gameboy!!!! lol what happened to that guy.

exactly...........

everyone has all these great "ideas". they stop there.

Offline loboplayero

• hardcore psp modder!!
  • MFH
  • Granny Spanker
  • Post quality +14/-0
  • specialize in psp led lighting!!
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »
ok im not saying that this mod cant be done but i have try something like this and the ribbon on lcd with going up and down all the time it will fail actually it will break within 2 or 3 slides yes sir ur lcd wont be able to take the slide the lcd ribbon for the go is more flexible and the reason u saw the one on the psp laptop model is cuz the ribbon is toward the front of the psp and no addition was add it, hey man i will give u much props on this mod but i dont guranttee u to succed sorry but this type of mod its very hard to make  :yess:

Offline DuctTapedGoat

• PC Repair Junkie
  • Registered BST
  • Ω Allumnist Ω
  • Post quality +20/-12
  • I'm a duct-taped goat.
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 04:01:29 AM »
Do you know what a small electronics shop would charge you to do that? Try making some phone calls and find out. Now, do you think that you could start doing what they do? Lets say a PSP slim goes for about 100 bucks - are you prepared to go and buy another PSP when you fail? Do you have a hundred bucks just sitting there to blow like that? At 14 I really doubt it.

There's a reason there's really good money in small electronics repair and custom jobs - it's tough, it takes years to acquire the tools and gain the experience to be able to do that. Do you know how they are manufactured? Mostly, it's computer built - and for good reason. People handle the assembly and QA, not much more than that.

Ya know what - go to an electronics shop and get some ribbon cable, either scrap, something cheap, whatever. Try to solder it to something like LEDs. You'll learn pretty quick that it's not worth it to kill a good working unit. I'm not saying you never will be able to, but I do think you've got some time before you should jump into a large scale project.

Maybe make some concept arts and detailed schematics for any idea you have and put it in a drawer. Then, research every aspect of what it would take to get it done - like hiring a professional, what college courses should you have under your belt first, what tools would you need, etc etc and then revisit the concept a month later.

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2011, 06:59:49 PM »
lol actually yea. and ive completely disassembled my psp and put it together TONS of times. i actually have 2 mobos that im gonna try to repair. one from my sister doing god knows what to it and breaking it. i actually almost got it working theres something up with the connecter for the lcd. it wont turn on anymore. and the other my lil bro thought he cud mod and...DESTROYED MY PSP WHEN I WAS SLEEPING. lol and um i mean i got like tons of lcds over here for some reason. i had to change mine once cuz i accidently kneed it. some of this stuff like little solders i can actually do. lol other than the soldering i think might actually be easy. yea i kno ill see how hard it is when i try but...hey honestly i think my 2000s a lil outdated. @DuctTapedGoat i actually am starting the idea of schematics n stuff. i got a big box of psp parts from psps friends and family have broken lol. i wonder what i can do with those parts????????????? im gonna try slowly but i am gonna do it. and the custom housing idt im gonna do for now... im gonna improvise a lil just like the psp laptop n stuff.

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2011, 07:03:14 PM »
btw does anybody know if that 360easybuy.com site is good?

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2011, 07:05:52 PM »
We both just warned you, and you aren't listening. You will receive no more guidance from me until you prove that you can do a simple trigger mod. I'm talking two leds in your l and r buttons. And you have to screw the whole psp together, and the leds should not "short" out. This is way out of your range, even out of range for out most experience users. Are you determined? Apparently so. It's not a bad thing. Are you being intelligent? Not at all. One of the guys on the site that has probably modded more psp's than anybody said

"ok im not saying that this mod cant be done but i have try something like this and the ribbon on lcd with going up and down all the time it will fail actually it will break within 2 or 3 slides yes sir ur lcd wont be able to take the slide the lcd ribbon for the go is more flexible and the reason u saw the one on the psp laptop model is cuz the ribbon is toward the front of the psp and no addition was add it, hey man i will give u much props on this mod but i dont guranttee u to succed sorry but this type of mod its very hard to make"

this is coming from the guy who modified a psp backlight, soldered his own smd leds to it, and lit up his entire home row. if he can't do it, there's no way you're going to be successful, especially if you're going to "improvise."

Please stop now.

Please.

I'm begging you.

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 07:32:53 PM »
lol kk fine. i wont. ill do some simple mods. like internal cam. im trying to think of a mod that noone has done...???...idk i might get a 1k and try it   lol but yea. right now im trying to find like cheap prices for stuff cuz i wanna change my housing again too. and the other mods. like trigs and cam.

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 07:35:52 PM »
u convinced me. still i wanna do something different
« Last Edit: May 18, 2011, 07:37:02 PM by JC531 »

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 07:37:12 PM »
I know I sound like a dbag but I don't want you to break your :censored:... I did it wayyyy too many times, why let history repeat itself? No one told me to stop what I was doing..

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2011, 07:40:10 PM »
"I know I sound like a dbag" <<not at all dude. thanx btw. im seriusly thinking bout a different mod tho

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2011, 07:44:58 PM »
thanks, and good!! i have a feeling of a good outcome, most people would've been butthurt by that >.< what do you have in mind? maybe something MYSELF is capable of ;)

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2011, 07:51:26 PM »
lol hahaha. idk i just thought of something that would include a paintjob. i painted a faceplate before. but i though of using a transparent shell and masking a certain design onto it then painting white or black over it then have leds under. basically a lit design. but looking at the inside of the psp im not sure if ill have a lot of space for dis. maybe on the left of the psp on the back (not where the battery is the other side) i also kinda like that idea of having extra speakers where the umds go but then again i kinda dont like it. lol ive been thinking up tons of ideas the last few weeks. some unlikely and some pretty easy. add me on facebook if u got 1. my names sum guy on there. the profile pic just sais jc. anyways i gotta go l8r.

Offline JC531

• ♪♪♪ Tone deff ♪♪♪
  • Post quality +4/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2011, 07:54:06 PM »
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:20:17 PM by JC531 »

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal