Author Topic: Im not sure if in the right place but i need help with rrod its nothing major  (Read 725 times)

Offline mhgg

• MEGA MODZZZZZ
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MEGA MODZZZZZZZ
hi guys i recently decided i wanted to try console modding and repair so i bought a rrod xbox and figured i could fix it and i think i can so when i got it i powered it on and rrod and the power brick light was green then i tried to see what software it was running so i tried the alternative to the towel trick which is putting q-tips in the fan to stop it but i didn't work then i took it all apart then it wouldn't turn on but i let it sit and it turned on but rrod still so now when i turn it on though the fan spins for 1 second then turns off, i have no av, and the power brick light is yellow but it has the 3 flashing lights so im confused on what to do when i do the x-clamp fix when i try to over heat the gpu and reset it for it to work please help me
MEGA MODZZZZZZ

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
First you should of did a search for RROD, there are tuts,
2nd here is some info that you can use.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,33068.0.html

We just discussed this about every other day someone post about RROD if you search the internet you can find all kinds of information on the RROD fix, You Tube, GOOGLE and our own ACIDMODS....

Not trying to be a :censored:, just know that this has been discussed with admins. hope this helps out.

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

Offline mhgg

• MEGA MODZZZZZ
  • Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • MEGA MODZZZZZZZ
i know how to do the x-clamp repair but when i need to heat it up and put the fan on top my fan doesnt turn on for more than 1 second and the power brick is yellow
MEGA MODZZZZZZ

Offline Rodent

• XBOX,XBOX360,PS3,WII
  • Around the block
  • Post quality +75/-5
  • MODDER, REPAIR, CUSTOM IDEAS.
i know how to do the x-clamp repair but when i need to heat it up and put the fan on top my fan doesnt turn on for more than 1 second and the power brick is yellow

Here's a Reflow tut
https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,37530.0.html

and this is also being discussed with one of are admins who is haveing the same issues.

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,39632.msg297790.html#new

This seems to be a problem we have come across lately , read these and maybe you can get it straighted out, , yours might be something simple,

Let me know if these help and I will post back and try to help you along

Tracey: I cant believe Rodent of all people made my damn day
3D0: snacks cartoons and naps  lol sounds like rodents typcial day :rofl:
Rodent consoles mods

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal