AcidMods Resources ----- ( These are helpful tools for modding ) > Game Accessibility

I need help modding my 360 controller to be more accessible to me...

(1/7) > >>

sc0tthic:
Hello, I'm new on here which is likely going to be very obvious to most of you...

Here is my basic story I'm 30 and have been in a wheelchair since 10 due to muscular dystrophy...
My hands have more issues than I had with them a few years ago so its become hard to really play decently for any extended periods of time...
I tried a Mad Catz MicroCon wired controller since it was a good amount smaller. It didn't work as good for me as I had hoped, the analog sticks are stiffer and have smaller caps, it also had tighter shoulder buttons and how I hold it i tend to press the triggers accidentally... So I figured I would try to teach myself how to customize my own controller set up through modding...

Here is my goal,

1.) moving the right analog stick to be external from the control pad and making r3 a separate push button
2.) changing the left and right triggers to push buttons
3.) possibly moving the d-pad to also be external
4.) moving the back, start and guide buttons to a different location

Can anyone help guide me with how to properly wire these mods, since I am not sure which methods actually work?

It will be greatly appreciated so Thank you in advanced!

Scott

[HoP]:
If you take some pictures of how you hold the controller (or have someone take the pictures) or if you made a video with what type of motion you are able to accomplish, I believe that the people here would be able to help you more greatly. The combined experience and expertise that we have here may come up with something that you never thought you could have.

I'm willing to help with whatever it is I can do. At the moment I'm not able to mod anything, however shortly I can.

Here is what im assuming based on issues that a friend of mine had.

1) extending fingers for long periods makes fingers less responsive/strong
2) minimal movement range would allow for better play
3) triggers would be best moved to the side of the controller, or the bottom (see pics)

Edit: Pics to come in a second.

Edit 2: Here are pics:

I'm taking a guess that you rest your palms/controller whilst playing. having the right switches can allow you to use the weight of your hands to press R1 and R2. (not sure how often you use them)

[HoP]:
Edit: i moved the pics to my last post....

I'm verrrrrry tired, mind my roughness... I just saw the post and wanted to help. (just got my internet back!!!)

also, I don't particularly like Ben Heck.

toadzilla:

--- Quote from: gunner7553 on June 13, 2011, 10:04:23 PM ---A guy buy the name of Ben Heck makes things like this for people in situation such as yours. he has even taken request for projects.

http://benheck.com/for-sale

But doing it your self is always more fun, and you know better than any one what you need.

-gunner7553

--- End quote ---
some would take offense to this i find the dude to be a  overhyped over charging i know we have our own group who have taken request and have done it and donated it to the person if u look in the accessibility part theres a couple done in there

gunner7553:
i only suggested Ben Heck because i seen a controller he had made in the past, that was just the first thing that popped in to my mind. and yes i have seen other controllers for people in his situation but none seemed to be all that great, where the one i seen was one controller split in to two, where you had half in each hand and used your lap to use the controls. and yes i don't much like him either but there are people there that do those mods too that he could get ideas from too.

-gunner7553

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version