Author Topic: Housing Replacement Help  (Read 1844 times)

Offline jweezon

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Housing Replacement Help
« on: July 18, 2011, 08:40:54 PM »
I saw the blue casing for the GO and I'm thinking I'd like to try and do the swap. I found the awesome teardown tutorial on this site but I have a few questions. It appears in the final image that it would still need to be torn down further, like pieces removed from the screen chasis as well as were the buttons would be. Am I correct in my thinking or do the housing replacements contain some of these parts? Or am I just missing something all together? Can someone who has done this shed a little light on the subject? Thanks in advance!

Offline nEoVaLoR

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +36/-26
  • Young Modder
Re: Housing Replacement Help
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 09:42:51 PM »
I saw the blue casing for the GO and I'm thinking I'd like to try and do the swap. I found the awesome teardown tutorial on this site but I have a few questions. It appears in the final image that it would still need to be torn down further, like pieces removed from the screen chasis as well as were the buttons would be. Am I correct in my thinking or do the housing replacements contain some of these parts? Or am I just missing something all together? Can someone who has done this shed a little light on the subject? Thanks in advance!

I'd like for you to be more specific and I will help...

I know the Go inside and out. Unfortunately, I did I huge led mod, heated up a capacitor for too long and it fell off the mobo rendering it useless.  I was bragging about it and never even got to show it off  :angry: :angry: :angry:

You don't have to remove everything from the Go, if your housing is in okay condition.  For example the gray housing on the back of the top bezel. It doesn't need to be removed, and the spring mechanism doesn't need to be removed.

Offline jweezon

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Housing Replacement Help
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:17:27 AM »
Well I'm looking at this image of Modded Matt's:

I'm looking at the slider mechanism portion (grey area) with the ribbon cable and little inards on the sides. Does all that need to be removed? Then where the controls would go does that panel just pop out? I'm also looking at the screen bezel and I see little pieces to the sides of the screen...if I replace the housing those need to be moved as well right? I guess it will make more sense once I open it but I'm just trying to get an understanding on what needs to be done. Thanks for the help.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal