Author Topic: Psp 3000 not working (idk why)  (Read 2311 times)

Offline failz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Psp 3000 not working (idk why)
« on: March 18, 2011, 05:25:38 AM »
Well this is gonna be really tricky for you guys but i got a psp 3000 and it doesn't turn on i pluged the charger in still nothing shows i was playing around with it and i got the green like to go on for like a second (i didn't have the screen plugged in) the psp is not bricked. could anyone help? thanks and parts are not really a problem i have a ridiculous amount of psp parts but their mostly for 2000 thanks
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 05:27:25 AM by failz »

Offline failz

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
Re: Psp 3000 not working (idk why)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 05:26:05 AM »
*It doesnt turn on*

Offline FOOKz™

• Hardware Modder
  • Research & Development
  • E = MC² Mad Scientist
  • Post quality +37/-2
  • Electronics Expert Electrical Engineer
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »
so the only time you ever saw lights was when the green light blinked?

sounds as if a cable could be loose which disallows the PSP from turning on. Sorry if I can't help im not a PSP guy.

Follow my Instagram and subscribe to my YouTube

Offline D-TeK-DeV

• Guppy
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 07:16:29 PM »
There is a switch over the yellow thing you plug the charger into. Disconnect that and connect it again. If it doesn't work, you may have a shortage or a brick. What was he last thing you did with it.

P.S. That image text is so messed over. The B looks like an A and the K looks like an R.

Offline Crumbz

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +29/-2
  • Networking & Database Administrator
    • www.asagia.net (Coming Soon!)
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 09:50:06 PM »
try making sure your D-Pad ribbon cable is secured in because that allows for power transfer to the power switch (psp 3000 and 2000 model ribbon cables have diffrent power flows so make sure it's a psp 3000 cable). also make sure that nothing metal is stuck in there and is touching the motherboard.

also if it was a brick(which it is clearly not) the light would turn on but nothing would happen (i like to call it the "forever light")

if all else fails, completly dissasemble the psp and then reassemble it. some parts can be loose or not connected (EX: forgot) and reassembling the psp might fix the problem.

Oh and before i forget... make sure all the screws on the casing are tight (especially around the battery compartment) and try changing the battery.

hope this helps!

Minecraft Server (Online)
Name: Asagia Realm's
Address: mc.asagia.net:65156

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal