Author Topic: GoW Perfect Active Reload  (Read 6784 times)

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
GoW Perfect Active Reload
« on: May 29, 2011, 12:12:25 AM »
Hi all, I want to start a rapid fire with active reloaded exclusively for GoW, I'll use the open source Hazer (Gameplay RF2), someone could give me a hand with the idea. Now try to start but not what would be the points used in the PCB to operate the RB button, here a video I found on youtube, just that I want to use touch pads (I do not like using it for sync button), any help is thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rgU3MIJ5Rw&feature=related

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
Re: GoW Perfect Active Reload
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:53:09 AM »
Well thanks to everyone who supported me (NO), especially Hazer to not answer my private message, after which you want to contribute something to the community.
Finally something that with or without your help I could do.
Again, THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
well attitude like that no wonder no one wanted to help
i ask for help all the time and always get a fast and informative response :hifive:
 try asking nicely instead of  :huh:
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
  • Research and Development
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 02:50:27 PM »
Well I would help but ive never played GOW so i don't know what the mod has to do tell me what the controller has to do and ill tell you how to code it...

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 04:08:22 PM »
Well, this is not with a desire to offend anyone in particular, I just think there are people in this forum that have the capacity and ease of doing something that takes 30 minutes when one of us would take 10 days, maybe more or maybe never do it.

And I see that there are many users who have only come he can steal, but as I'm concerned I have edited my code that I have shared with you all and no offense but I think one of the best so far, so if I I am of the people who bring something, because it is possible that at least something to give me, maybe because I'm Mexican and I do not speak Spanish, racism or what will be the problem?

Again, do not take this the wrong is just something to take into account users that if they are part of the community and not just those who enter benefit.

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 08:15:45 PM »
Where to start.......

I am sorry I did not respond to you.  I have ignored alot of people lately. It sucks. But here is why:

5:00AM: Wake up wether I want to or not. By alarm or 5 year old.
5:40AM: Finish cup of coffee and take shower. I start real slow. Wish I still smoked.
6:15AM: Leave for work with laptop and lunch. Give kids and wife kiss goodby.
7:15AM: Get to work.
5:15PM: Leave work.
5:55PM: Pickup 2 year old and 5 year old from daycare/after care.
6:20PM: Get home and start kids dinner.
6:30PM: Feed kids, start my dinner.
7:00PM Finish dinner, play with kids.
7:30PM: Bath time for kids.
8:15PM: Bath times are over, help put 2 year old to bed.
8:45PM: Get 5 year old ready for bed.
9:00PM: Read story to 5 year old.
9:30PM: 5 year old asleep. Start cleaning dishes and toys.
10:00PM: Make lunch (optional).
10:10PM: Sort through email. Consists of tons of people asking me questions. Some I help, some I dont.
10:40PM: Start surfing. I try to check acidmods with android phone so I dont spend too much time at night.

At this point I make a choice: Work on 1 or more projects for other people; work on a project for myself; watch an old movie/anime for fun; play a PC game that is over a year old (I can never keep up, I buy them on sale and constantly have 3+ games unopened); Pay bills or some other chore I have put off until the last day.

12:00PM Go to sleep. I habitually get 5 hours.

Does anyone here get it that I dont play console games? I do not have an active account on xbox live. I have a 6 month old PS3 that has never seen the internet. It has played a total of 3 hours of Ratchet and Clank. I have 5 X360 controllers (all disassembled) and 2 PS3 controllers (1 disassembled). I spent the last 6 months making that PS3 remap controller for AskACapper with that 1 and a half hours I have free each night. I have spent the last 4 weeks working on a project that has been in my head for over a year. My job has me travel nearly 50% of the time across the country which means I can do some coding at night during the week, but I have no hardware to test it so I make mistakes that has me back-peddle.

I gave the community the first real rapidfire code that matched or exceeded what people were selling at the time.
I gave the community the first adjutable opensource that pushed the community to starrt looking beyond the crap of these rinky-dink Ebay codes.
I authored white papers on the controller design, helped with the PS3 reverse-engineering, and supplied a PIC programming tutorial.
I created the PS3 remap.

All of this was not to provide people a means to be lazy and not have to do something for themselves. I did this to push people to learn to do it themselves. Thats why I will NOT code sh**ty glitches and macros. I dont care what you want. I am showing people that what they see today should be challenged, people should be making the community better, not dragging it back. Do you want to know the real reason why I dont respond to requests like this?

Answer: Why the hell would I spend any time coding a stupid one-time gltich for a single game? Why would I waste hours figuring it out on a game I do not own or play? Instead, why has no one asked me to make a fully programmable macro controller design? If I am going to spend time writing code, it would be to make something that at least matched the best design currently out, or to exceed it.

I do all of this for three simple reasons:
1. Show people how to accomplish basic designs.
2. Challenge people to make better designs.
3. Selfishly satisfy my pride.

:censored: I recently blasted a quick, but thorough, tutorial on the opensource codes on The Tech Game forums. What a  :censored: waste of time that was. That forum is filled with thousands of whiners asking where to buy rapidfire controllers, filled with Evil and Silent fanboys. I post how to make thier own controllers, and the thread is completely ignored. Which tells me that most people who use rapidfire are not capable of installing thier own. I am beginning to guess its better than 90%. That means that the other 10% make thier own for themselves ore decided to make a profit off of it.

So at this point, I fully believe that my dedication to this hobby is solely for the people here at Acidmods. The rest of the entire internet are jagoffs. This is fine by me. But dont question my dedication to the community, especially with 15  :censored:ing posts.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline toadzilla

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +132/-0
  • something something Tech support
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
i've noticed this as a entrepreneur starting  a controller painting company every asks me can u do the rapid fire like they dont understand its dead simple to do them selfs but yea i agree 110% with ur article hazer

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 09:29:51 PM »
Hazer,

I respect what you do and believe that many people must be an admirable person, again, I regret having done that "wasting time" answering in this post, but if you had 5 or 10 minutes to answer this, You did not have 1 or 2 only to answer a private message? at least say "Excuse me, but now I have a lot of work, maybe I can help you later," but if ever you did but I think it's something people appreciate even more you as a person , is not a problem doing this, like I said I respect what you do and your life.

Still, I do not like being rude to people because I do not like being rude to me, and I thank you for sharing what you have done with us because maybe without it I would have never mine.

Offline 3D0kassiah

• Acid Modder
  • Post quality +19/-2
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:18:08 PM »
+1 hazer my day sorta consists of the same but mine with an occasional visit to the local nudie bar  :tup:

and really everyone comes on here for either one of 2 reasons

you like to rip crap apart and make it that much cooler
or you come on here asking for free codes so you can sell with no intention on donating any to the creator

and really if no one wanted to help why not create the dam code so it can be your time to share
so in the end without sugar coating it

if no one wants to help do it yourself if you cant go onto the next project

and honestly everyone on here or any other modding sites were all the same color shape and size we all here for the same reason to make the POS game/game console etc that much better

sorry for my 0.02$ 
Tracey: f off Rodent
rodent:i would of flew it to bill gates and shoved it up his a$$

Offline Hazer

• x4675636B4E7574
  • Acidmods Alumni
  • Acid Modder
  • Post quality +59/-0
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 04:59:12 AM »
Hazer,

I respect what you do and believe that many people must be an admirable person, again, I regret having done that "wasting time" answering in this post, but if you had 5 or 10 minutes to answer this, You did not have 1 or 2 only to answer a private message? at least say "Excuse me, but now I have a lot of work, maybe I can help you later," but if ever you did but I think it's something people appreciate even more you as a person , is not a problem doing this, like I said I respect what you do and your life.

Still, I do not like being rude to people because I do not like being rude to me, and I thank you for sharing what you have done with us because maybe without it I would have never mine.

Go read some of these:

https://www.acidmods.com/forum/index.php/topic,33068.0.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?1gzyd2omzim

http://www.mediafire.com/?yydxlwm54tg

Take BMU and experiment some. Learn how to do it yourself. If you fail, then post PUBLICALLY IN A NEW THREAD YOUR ATTEMPT. Ask "where did I go wrong?". Then I might help.

Dont private message me asking to do it for you. If it really only takes 10 minutes to make, it should not be that dificult for you. I am not your (female dog). I owe you nothing. I receive dozens of emails daily asking the same thing. I ignore all of them like this. If you cannot be bothered to learn the code, I cannotbe bothered to write you code just for you.

You did not ask me to help. You asked me to make it. You have yet to do any work on your own. The questions you asked have already been answered on these forums and in those links.

I am not like DarkAlex and those other guys who constantly keep providing people updates on whatever hacks they do. I am not Ben Heck who has money dripping out his ass so he has all day to do weird and worthless mods to be the 'mod expert'.

So ask someone else. Maybe, just maybe, someone else will do it for you. Maybe not though, GOW reload is not everyones priority.
[Quote from Gamermodz via Viking forums]
Don't be jealous your not half as smart. I hate ****tards like you. An ignorant redneck. Your nothing but a posing ******. Get the **** out of here, really, your claim to fame is an open source rapid fire code? You make me laugh. You think you have control over the modding market?  You couldn't create what I can and do. You are too ignorant with your outrageous assumptions and accusations. [/Quote]

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2011, 06:11:36 PM »
One thing about rapid reload, correct me if im wrong, but isn't it a different speed for different weapons ? For example, I think the pistol reload goes a lot faster than the sniper or the torque bow, so you couldn't have a mod for it unless you either had a different mode for each weapon (way too much of a hassle) or just pick one weapon that you want it to work for.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:21:40 PM by magic_man185 »

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2011, 08:38:33 PM »
When I finally achieve something, but the control test was given, and now I have one proved to be a MATRIX2: (, Lucky me
Is it possible to rapid fire button on this RB in the PCB Matrix?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2011, 08:33:51 AM »
Short answer, yes but you have to use a bilateral switch, so you can't have it on the button.

I think it may be possible to do it without (might need two pins) but I haven't had the time or controller to play with...

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2011, 10:51:02 AM »
You mean you are installing an extra tactical button or something?
My god, my luck with this board, Any other solution than not be installing an extra button to run RB?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2011, 01:06:44 PM »
Well a bilateral switch is like a relay without any moving parts. This is what RDC recommends.

However now i come to think about it, i think (feel free to correct me if i'm wrong) you can just use a transistor as current is only going to be flowing one way anyway.

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2011, 06:10:08 PM »
Maybe if I use an Optocoupler to regulate the flow, see I can do, just as if you have any ideas so that everything can be done through the RB I thank you, I attach a tutorial of some people who sell or sold chips ready to install but only tutorial CG/CG2 plates.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 09:24:02 AM »
An opto-coupler might be suitable but i'm no EE..

I think (still not sure what active reload actually does) when using a CG pad its as simple as RF on the trigger but MXs require a more complex solution.

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 12:41:43 PM »
Let me explain what active reload is.  When playing the game, you press RB to reload.  When you press the button, an animation starts in the top right corner of the HUD, which shows a little dial (can't think of what else to call it) going from left to right.  There is a small section of this dial that is highlighted, then a larger section that is semi-highlighted.  So, you press the button, the animation starts.  When the indicator is inside the small highlighted section of the dial, you press RB again.  If you time it right, you achieve a "perfect active reload".  This gives you more powerful bullets for a short time.  If you press RB while the indicator is in the semi-highlighted area, you reload, but do not get the bonus damage ammo.  If you press RB while the dial is in the non-highlighted area, your gun jams and it takes longer to reload.  If you just push RB once and do not press it again, the gun will reload when the end of the animation is reached, but it is slow so the active reload is usually used.  The problem with using the chip to perform the active reload is that different weapons reload at different speeds (how fast the animation goes) and the highlighted portion of the dial is different for different weapons (some are very precise, others not so much).  You would have to have multiple modes and switch depending on what gun you have out.

Performing the active reload on the chip would be fairly simple, I think.  I would think you could just have RB connected to a pin, set as an input, with interrupt on change enabled.  When the interrupt is triggered, start a counter to count down until it is time to press the button for a perfect active reload (which would be different for different guns).  When the counter reaches zero, set the pin to output, drive the pin high or low (depending on controller) to simulate a button press, then set as input, clear the interrupt and reload the timer.

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 02:36:42 PM »
ok gotcha the only problem is, with matrix boards its not as simple as using digital reads and driving pins high and low, like it is on a cg...

Offline magic_man185

• Who Farted ???
  • Post quality +16/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 07:17:57 PM »
Oh yeah, I am used to just working with the triggers, I forgot that the buttons are matrixed together (duh). So how do you do button presses on the matrix?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2011, 07:40:46 AM »
Well Ive been wanting to have a play but am quite busy atm and haven't got an MX board, so currently the only way I know is with a bilateral switch, which means you can read the button state.

HOWEVER in a thread not long ago Hazer hinted that it was possible to read and manipulate he buttons directly with a micro controller. The only way I could think of doing this that might work for a single button is with a pin connected to each side of the button so you can tell when the controller is looking for a press?

Offline sQs

• ½ Pint
  • Post quality +6/-5
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2011, 08:09:02 PM »
Then the only possible way to use the existing RB button is connecting two pins of the PIC to the two pins of tactical RB button?

Offline hyper999

• Acidmods Alumni
  • Millennium Poster
  • Post quality +544/-3
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2011, 10:19:20 AM »
Then the only possible way to use the existing RB button is connecting two pins of the PIC to the two pins of tactical RB button?

Maybe :P that's just my best guess, like I said I haven't had the chance to play with one.

Offline BoostedGTI

• Chief squatting Hard
  • Post quality +0/-0
  • Acidmods User
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2011, 05:19:46 PM »
Know One knows how to make this work? I would like to build this into my game pad I really like gears 2, this would help me beat the game in insane mode lol Maybe I can help get this this completed somehow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal